Register now to get rid of these ads!

Houston HAMBer

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by jrod60, Sep 13, 2006.

1. jrod60

jrod60
    from Katy, TX

Howdy,
    I've been lurking and dropping an occasional post for about a year now, after the BFD article in Hot Rod turned me onto the HAMB. My ride is a 60 F100 that I got when I was 16 after the death of my cousin. My dad and I got it legal and "safe" and I drove it in high school and for about 7-9 months in college while I was between silly practical vehicles (95 stang and 97 F150). Now that I'm out of school and making more money than I'm spending (at the moment :rolleyes:) its time to get the old truck on the road again. This past weekend I removed it from its three-year resting place and drug it home with me from my parents'.
    I love the huge amount of knowledge and info on here and have been absorbing the vintage hot rod vibe for a while. I originally had more contemporary ideas for the truck; Lightning motor, IFS, etc, but I think I like the classic vibe better. We'll see how things go. Glad to be aboard.

Jared

It's a crap pic, but my camera is lost after the move so this'll do for now. And like I said in the "you and your car" thread, it really doesn't look that nice in person.

[​IMG]

2. jabber

jabber

3. skyrodder

skyrodder

welcome DOOD!

4. Welcome. I like that body style of truck. Different wheels in your plans?

5. KY Boy

KY Boy

Cool truck. If you are like me you wont be making more than you are spending for long if you get a project in the garage...Welcome

6. jrod60

jrod60
    from Katy, TX

Thanks for the welcome. I probably can't make the ice house this weekend, but I'll try. I'm almost direcetly at the 1960 & 290 intersection.
    Different wheels for sure, but I don't know what. Steelies w/spiders, chrome reverse, or good ol Cragar SS is tops in my mind right now. Along with losing the cowboy bumpers for something a little more subtle and clean.
    I agree KY, the income-to-spending ratio is beginning to decline already..

J