Register now to get rid of these ads!

Houston HAMB. Making a pre-Galveston Fun Run drive this Saturday.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brad S., Mar 5, 2008.

1. Brad S.

Brad S.

Shaun and I are heading down to Galveston on Saturday morning if you want to go for a quick cruise. We're be leaving the Darkhorse around 10:00 to scope out the shorter route on Galveston.

We're probably going to make a loop down 45 to the island, head around town a bit, and then maybe come back up 146 later in the day. Not sure. Don't know.

The weather is going to be schweet.

2. Call me when you get there (Galveston), I live off 146. 281-216-2775

3. Brad S.

Brad S.

Will do and bttt for the morning folks.

4. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

going to Corpus, wish I could make it.

5. Brad S.

Brad S.

Last bump. No replies so we'll leave from Spring.

Richard I'll give you a call when we get to Texas Schitty.

If anyone wants to drive down with us just drop me a PM.

6. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Whats the latest?????

7. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

I went for a long cruise yesterday in dad's new deuce. I'll be out of town for the RUn, but I'm going to try to get him to make it.

8. RodOrRide

RodOrRide

Is this happening Saturday March 22nd? If so, I might want to join. Are you still planning to leave from Spring or is the Dark Horse back on? Thanks.

9. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Hey Brad-My names not blk 6-If I don't work saturday I'll go. I'll pm you later. TP

10. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I thought he was talkinfg about this saturday too.

11. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

But it says "Pre-galveston fun run". Pipe in here Brad.

12. Brad S.

Brad S.

Holy cow guys. :D

I did this a few weeks ago. The 8th?

Well. I kind of changed my mind about the distance and where we start from. I was going to do it again and take pictures so I could "present my case".

If you didn't know, we kind of backtracked and decided to just go down 45 straight to the island. Well....

Shaun and I headed out and went straight from Houston to Galveston down 45. That would make it a 100 mile run for most folks. It would also make it a boring ass drive down 45. Fighting traffic while fighting 45 itself. We wouldn't have much luck keeping all of us together.

So we hung out in Galveston for a few hours crusing from Woody's on the seawall down to Baja Bar and Grill on East End. That bar rocks by the way. I have the number and they have the parking, atmosphere, stocked beer, and will work with us anyhow they can. They also have one of the best damn burgers I've eaten in a while.

I decided to take the long way down the island to Surfside. Man. That's a run we can be proud of. So I'm back to my original idea of taking a run from south of Houston on 288 down to Surfside. Then across the bridge and a full length Galveston Island run.

Just our two cars were stopping traffic down there. Everywhere we went turned into a damn car show.

I think it will be damn good day. April 19th that is. :D

13. Damn, I think you are Damn right. Maybe the Ugly Truck will be running. Maybe not.