Register now to get rid of these ads!

Houston HAMB - Galveston Run Update and Info Needed!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brad S., Apr 9, 2008.

1. Brad S.

Brad S.

Ok...thankfully Louie is back and healthy after a bout with some ick that put him in the hospital.

We're still on for April 19th. It looks like we have a crowd. Louie needs a headcount for crawdads and beer. If you can sound off here with some definitive numbers (as close as you can) on how many people will be coming with you, we'd appreciate it.

Still tentative but looking closer....

The Houston group will meet behind the Darkhorse at around 930AM Saturday morning on April 19th. We'll leave at 10:00AM and head down 288.

If someone can arrange a 288 meeting spot....thinking Manvel...I'd appreciate it. The Houston folks can meet you there and we'll head to Surfside.

At Surfside, the Police will help us stay together after we get gas up until outside of town. I don't know if they were being nice or just making sure we all leave. :D

There is a TWO DOLLAR toll at the bridge getting onto Galveston. First folks through should continue on and pull into the free state park about 8 miles down the road. I'll get the name later.

We'll leave there after the stragglers catch up and head down to the east end of the island. We're going to get split up when we hit town I'm sure. Just be prepared for the car show at every stop light. :D

Eat crawfish and drink beer when we get the east end.

I'm gonna catch a ride with someone since I broke my car. Hope you don't mind. :D

I've got 5 people.

2. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

<<<<<2>>>>

Manvel has a good size gas stop

3. R.Brown

R.Brown
    from houston

Im in for me and one more

4. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Put me down for 2. Me and someone TBA.

5. Bloody Hell

Bloody Hell
    from Spring, TX

Are you serious on the car breakage? Or are you pulling our leg?

6. Louie S.

Louie S.

I will probably get Earl (the owner of the joint we are going to) to get 200 pounds of bugs, if anyone thinks we need more let me know. This place is a bait camp/beer joint. So we will be buying the beer and crawfish from Earl, but his prices are really reasonable. He does not serve any exotic type beers, he has Bud, Bud Light, Miller Light, and Coors Light. I kinda need an idea on how much Lone Star to tell him to get if anyone has an idea, since he does not normally sell it. Everyone will like this place and the guy who owns it, he got us a band to play and is open too any special requests ( within reason).

7. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

shit,...gonna be riding my motorcycle in the hill country that weekend.

im out.

8. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

My dad in his Deuce. He told me he's planning on it. I'm out though, got to go racin'!

9. Suicide-D

Suicide-D
    from Texas

I'm in for 2 if I can get an inspection sticker on my car by then, and ya'll promise not to laugh at it.

and I might qualify as a straggler...I've never had this car over 55 mph.

10. Brad S.

Brad S.

bttt for the morning crew.

11. Can you please clarify the route/gameplan for eats and drinks? Is it Galveston, Surfside, or both? Thx.

12. Brad S.

Brad S.

It's both.

Heading from Washington Ave. in downtown Houston down 45 to 288 to Manvel. Leave manvel and head to Surfside for a quick gas stop. From Surfisde we head to Galveston. Realistically we should be there just after noon.

We'll be passing through Surfside quickly I hope. That's just a quick gas stop for folks like me with little tanks that are stretching it from Manvel.

When Shaun and I made this ride a month ago....the B17 and B-25 from the Flight Museum made several passes right over the top of us on our way to Surfside. Can't believe I didn't bring my camera.

13. Brad S.

Brad S.

Yes I busted my rear end out of my car. Cracked the chunk and broke the yoke off. The drive shaft is a little dented but I'll see how it goes when I get the new chunk installed.

Have to get a chunk first but I've got a real good line on one.

14. greasemunkey

greasemunkey
    from katy, TX

If I can get away from the honey-do list long enough to finish re-wiring under the dash and avoiding catching the garage on fire by next weekend, I'm down to introduce myself to some folks...who knows may even swing by and see if steve over at Starlite wants to go.

15. This should be a lot of fun.

16. Kool Kat

Kool Kat

Count on at least 4 Outkasts. We'll be coming out of Spring so I'll call ya Brad. 18 pack of Lonestar fer me and big al.

17. Louie S.

Louie S.

That is correct, it has been postponed.

18. It's still going to happen is some way, either elsewhere or on a different date. We really don't want to be in Galveston during Kappa weekend. My dad lives there and they leave town during poppa kap weekend...

19. Brad S.

Brad S.

We're postponed.

As soon as I can get some details worked out, I'll propose a different date. Won't be long. Louie and I agree we want to do this soon....and during crawfish season.

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Check my post in the other thread. I have info on a show in Friendswood.

21. Suicide-D

Suicide-D
    from Texas

Thats better for me since my springs haven't come in yet. I was bummed I wasn't going to make it. I guess that gives me more time to get her inspected.