Register now to get rid of these ads!

Houston HAMB - Galveston Reliability Run

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brad S., May 4, 2008.

1. No matter where we go, you guys will have fun. After all, I will be there.

2. Suicide-D

Suicide-D
    from Texas

looks like it's just me and the wife. If my 15 year old decides to come he can share bugs with the wife.

3. I'm not certain I can make it, but I'm trying to work it out. If I'm there, I won't eat crawfish. Hope to see y'all there.

4. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Richard D can prepare CHILI DOGS...If all else fails

5. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

IN!!! My wiring harness hasnt shown up yet, so I'm not racing this weekend. YES I AM SAD! But that means I get to make the run. Dad and I are planning on being there Duece and the '58.

6. Free Chili Dogs!!!!!!

7. Brad S.

Brad S.

Bump for the added folks. Up to 30!

8. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Great! I'll bring some rattle cans and we can put your 58 in the black primer youve always wanted to see on her.

9. Brad S.

Brad S.

Bump for the new head count total.

10. BBobb

BBobb

Ok race fans, I spoke to sherry at the baha club on east beach this afternoon. Here is what we came up with: We are more than welcome to have our gathering out on their back deck. It is going to be during the daytime so there also being very kid friendly. However much like any other race day there are do's and dont's that we must adhere to.

First the do's:

We are more than welcome to use the back deck
    As I mentioned it is during the day and the kids are more than welcome
    We can cook our crawfish out back behind the deck, and serve the crawfish to the crowd on the deck.

Now the dreaded donts"
    any other food or beverages other than the crawfish, corn and potatoes must be purchased from the baha bar. This means all hambergers, chili dogs, etc.
    No beverages can be taken off premises, this means dont walk out the door with a coke or a beer. we must leave the premises as clean as we found them in the cooking area. Sherry told me there were plenty of state trash cans to dump our mess in.

If you folks decide you want to bring some of your own beverages there should be no problem with doing so and drinking off baha's premises out by the water while the kids are playing. This goes the same if you want to bring your own food.

I hope this works out for everybody if not please don't kill the flag man!!!!

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I can't make it! I just got informed today that I'll be doing inventory this Friday and Saturday.:mad: No way out of it. I'll see you guys at the monthly meet up.

12. At least you will make some overtime pay, Fred. I could use some of that right about now.

Looks like we will have a great time.

13. Suicide-D

Suicide-D
    from Texas

what time is the Manvel departure?

14. Brad S.

Brad S.

We should be leaving the Darkhorse around 10AM so you figure we should get to Manvel around 1030-1045. No idea when we're leaving though.

I thought meeting at 9 on a Saturday may be a little early.

We could meet at Darkhorse at 9 and then be at Manvel by 10? That should put us in Galveston right at 12.

15. Brad S.

Brad S.

Oh and we're back down to 25. A few folks have bowed out including my kids. Sad face.

Not. :D

16. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

looks like me and my wife WILL be there.

looking forward to it!!!

17. bigDrew

bigDrew

My wife is in now so +1 to the total.

Can someone give me a call when you leave the Darkhorse? I don't want to hang out at the Racetrack gas station in Manvel all morning waiting for everyone to show up.... PM me for my cell if you don't have it.

18. Brad S.

Brad S.

It's not a Racetrack but it IS the second gas station on the right. :D

I'll give you a shout when we leave Darkhorse. We should leave around 10 sharp.

19. BBobb

BBobb

I just finished building myself a new burner.I should have a flame simular to one of those plant stacks right above Richard D's house in Texas City.....lololol

richard give me a call,i am picking up da bugs at 8am and will be at the da chop about 8:30

20. I'm off to get the crawfish, last minuite bump for any straglers.

21. The Galveston Run was a huge success! I think I speak for everyone when I say,"Thanks, Brian!" Brian (BBobb) brought two big bags o' bugs, supplied the pot, the whole schmear. He even paid the toll for about twenty cars. Your beer is covered for for a long time, bro. A blast was had by all. Someone should be putting up photos sooner or later.

22. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Man it hurts me that I missed this.:mad: But, I guess the concession is that I made some overtime money I sadly needed. I'm glad it turned out great and I knew it would.

23. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Sounds like you guys had a great time glad to hear it !

24. Suicide-D

Suicide-D
    from Texas

Yeah Thanks Brian for the bugs and the two dollars! I will definitely buy a few rounds next time I see you. It was nice to meet everyone. Me and the family had a great time. I'm in for the next get together, might even have to do some tshirts for all you next time.

253 miles round trip for me and a whole lot of new found trust in my car.

Thanks
    Darryl

25. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

Thanks again BBobb!!!
    Paying the toll and supplying the bugs!!!
    You guys make some mean bugs. We had a blast, it was good meeting some new folks.

Now,...someone please post some pics!!!

26. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I had fun..as always with HAMBers...lets do it again..Thanks Brad...Thanks Bob..

27. skyrodder

skyrodder

28. EL Diablo Blanco

EL Diablo Blanco

Had a great time, met a bunch of new friends, and we really enjoyed ourselves. Big thanks to "Bbobb" for the toll and bugs! Can't wait for the next run, we need to do it again sooner than later. Thanks again for a GREAT TIME!!!!

29. Brad S.

Brad S.

Man. I concentrated on getting as much on video as I could that I didn't get but one picture. :D

There were several cameras out there though. I'll have raw video up tomorrow.

30. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston