Register now to get rid of these ads!

Houston HAMB- Galveston Fun Run Update!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brad S., Feb 25, 2008.

1. Brad S.

Brad S.

Update-

Shaun drove this route twice yesterday. In the coupe. Man.

It's dead between Houston and Surfside but we all knew that. I'm going to try and find something to do between here and there. Maybe the race track will let us make a pass or two. I don't know.

At Surfside, the Hammerhead bar and grill is big enough to accomodate us for a stop to stretch our legs. The owner wants us to do something there but as we're already eating and drinking at the other end of galveston, not sure how to accomodate other than a rest stop and quick parking lot car show. The gas station is across the parking lot from the Hammerhead. We can access the beach right there if anyone wants to race. :D

I'll look for a suitable spot in March. (Anyone want to come along?) Something maybe not so visible but I do intend to call the Surfside PD to see if it's a possibility to let us make a few short passes.

Speaking of the Po-Po, the Surfside police were happy to talk. :D They've agreed to block traffic for us so we can can all leave at the same time provided we have around 30 cars. They've done this before and I think we'll be around the 20-30 car mark actually. It's a long two lane down San Luis until we get to Galveston Island.

That's a two dollar toll so nobody forget. I'll bring it up later.

Shaun talked to Earl at the Bait Camp and he was happy to see us still working on this. I'm going to make it a point to go visit and work with Louie to see that Earl knows what's happening. He doesn't have a band yet so if anyone has any ideas, let Louie know so he can communicate it.

For mixed drinks or other harder stuff, we can go across the street from the bait camp. The ladies oughta be glad to hear that. And me. I likes meh whiskey and ice.

Other than that I'm think we can make a quick run down the Strand to give the locals a look and maybe draw some unnecessary attention to ourselves and our hot rods. :D

2. El Caballo

El Caballo

When in March? I'll go with you if I can.

3. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Wow. This thing is going to be great. Thanks Brad and Shaun!

4. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

sounds good, thanks for the update.
    looking forward to it.

5. Brad S.

Brad S.

I'm taking the family to Moody Gardens on Saturday so I'll snap a few pics of the bait camp and other areas I see.

Shaun and I were talking about making this run on March 8th. I'll see if a few folks want to go when we're at the Dark Horse this Sunday. Exchange phone numbers and stuff.

I'll find an alternate starting point "if" we get over 30 cars but right now I think we can tentatively plan on just under that.

Remember that CLUTCH tickets are on sale now if you want to go to the concert after the run. Buying mine on Friday.

6. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Brad what is the official date of the Run??I'm game for any date except LSRU and Pate..Bill

7. Brad S.

Brad S.

I think folks settled on April 19th. It's still so far out we can adjust if we need too.

I know we wanted it after LSRU and Pate weekend was a no-go. We wanted it after most Spring Breaks but before full blown summer crowds. I think we're good.

8. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

9. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston