Register now to get rid of these ads!

HOUSTON HAMB! First Sunday Question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brad S., Jan 2, 2008.

1. Brad S.

Brad S.

Are we still meeting at Jimmie's or are we switching to the Dark Horse Tavern over on Washington?

I like the Dark Horse although I have no fucking idea how the parking arrangements will work unless we park out back.

2. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Jimmies as far as I know

3. jabber

jabber

I don't like the idea of not being able to drink next to the cars......Lets keep it at jimmies.

4. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Does a guy have to have a running car to attend? I just moved to Houston and don't jave a running rod yet.

5. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Just show up....we are usually in the back

6. Cochino

Cochino

I hope the weathers' right because, if its anything like today its gonna be freezing.I'm gonna get to try to get all my fellow Cochino members to show up.I know it's been a while since we've showed up at Jimmy's but we'll try to make it depending on the weather.

-Los Cochinos cc
    KUSTOMS 4-EVER

7. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

I "PLAN" on being there in my daily, which is the '58 at the time being.

Fuggin' thing gets the looks commuting in to downtown on the 59 HOV with the baby seat strapped in it.

8. Road King

Road King

What Time?
    Road King

9. Cochino

Cochino

I will be there about 2pm.

10. Tenacious A

Tenacious A
    from Willis Tx

So I guess you guys are not interested in Luckys Rod Run to College Station, TX Sunday 1-6-8 ?
    Lucky's Rod Run, Meet at Kroger Hwy 105 & Loop 336 W at 8 am to leave at 9 am for The Chicken Oil Co. in Bryan - Early Birds meet at McDonald's at Frazier & 336 N. at 7:00 to leave at 7:30 am.

11. Long haul on a school night.

12. I'll miss this one, why were you thinking of changing from Jimmy's?

13. 'Sposed to warm up by then, 20% chance of precip. I think I'll be in D/FW.

14. 30roadster

30roadster

The College Station crowd looks forward to this every year. I even SKIP church!:eek:

15. Brad S.

Brad S.

Switching from Jimmies got brought up last month. I guess the regulars don't like us parking our cars there or something. I don't know. I went down to the Dark Horse afterwards and I like it. My only concern would be parking and like John said...I like to stay near the cars.

Right now my buddy and I are planning on doing the rod run as well as show up for the HAMB meet. Going to be a long day...unless it's cold then i'll only make the HAMB meet.

16. 30roadster

30roadster

blacksix - what will you be driving for the rod run? i'll come look you up - kyle

17. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I'm planning on making Lucky's run then Jimmies

18. As far as Dark Horse; never been there, but if it's not an "Icehouse" style place, where you can carry your beer in and out and check out the cars, count me out. I don't care to sit on a barstool all day, I'd rather be in the garage. Wow, I can't beleve I just typed that.

P.S. Some of us, like Kyle, are under age, or have their kids with them, and can't/don't want to hang out in a bar. Jimmies' is nice with the picnic tables and BBQ pits, more family-friendly.

19. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Richard, we all like Jimmy's but what Brad is saying is that Jimmies no likey us.

The Dark Horse is on Washington, and would be very limited on parking and its on a busy street. I dont have a better solution at this point just saying...

20. It sounds like there is a story I'm missing here. I left a bit early last month, but I thought everybody was cool. The bartenders came over talking to me about my beater car. Was it last month that 1/2 the parking lot was a mud pit?

21. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

We could all start meeting at Richard D's...he has an endless supply of beer

22. Just that the parking lot was getting a little crowded with non-H.A.M.B. folks. Les suggested Dark Horse, maybe we need to address that again, check the place out.

23. Hell yeah, and an endless supply of projects.

24. I never got that impression...they have always been polite, and seemed to like my money...:confused:

25. bigDrew

bigDrew

I should finally make it this month if the rain stays away. The '37 is finally done and after a couple of tense hours at the DMV I'm all legal!!

26. Brad S.

Brad S.

Well alrighty then.

As long as we're all in agreement that we're meeting somewhere where there's beer and parking I'm good. We've had a good run at Jimmie's and nobody has said anything negative to me. And other than the guy whose truck we leaning on that day...I don't think anyone has had any issues?

I'm not real aware of any other ice houses nearby where we can take the beer outside to the cars.

27. Drew-hope you make it, I'd like to see the '37, and talk DMV stuff.

28. As far as I know I'm still in.

29. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Are'nt we regulars???