Register now to get rid of these ads!

House of Kolor VS. Matrix systems??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bluedscrewed&tattooed, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

I do the same, except with one tack coat, one medium, one heavy. I'd rather sand out one or two runs than a whole car full of orange peel. But the thing is, in my case I can see a big difference in fresh UC35 and after it shrinks. The UFC seems to look great even if I wait a few months to buff. Here's a shot of my Mustang, about a year after I painted it, but a few weeks before I buffed it. They didn't look that good in UC35, even though it was a week old, prior to wet-sanding and reclearing.

[​IMG]

2. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Isn't the point of UFC is to avoid cutting/buffing???? Wetsand then a final flow coat? Never used it before.....
    Anyone using Alsa products? They've got some neat effects products, but are spendy!

3. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

You've got to watch what you're doing if you try to use UFC first, but it can be done. The UFC has a much longer flow time, than the UC clear. That can get you in trouble if you are painting over artwork, graphics or candies that are the urethane formula, not the basecoat formula. I've had candies "slide" down a taped off artwork area, onto the area beneath it, and get phantom "runs" under the clear. This can even happen with the UC clear if you don't let the candy flash off sufficiently, like when you're rushing a job, or the temps are low in the shop. But the UFC does it even when you're really following the rules.
    My vote is always for HOK. I avoid newer companies and products until I'm 100% sure of their quality, ease of use, and LONGEVITY! Been using it for over 25 years now.
    I just cannot see the logic in using slightly cheaper products over my work, when I've got so much time, effort and money into the rest of the car. I've even priced out jobs with Dupont (as an option for a customer) and had it come out quite a bit higher than using HOK and getting a "real" Candy Apple paint job!

4. ftwkustom

ftwkustom
    from michigan

Worked at matrix system few years back and couldnt stand the people who work there. Constantly had product sent back. Good luck if you use them!!

5. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

You're right about that, kinda. You don't NEED to buff the UFC, but it looks soooo good if you do. Personally I think it's worth it, but not necessary.

6. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

You don't need to buff any clear if you shoot it well enough haha! As for me, I'll stick to my Makita and some Perfect-It, lol!

7. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

God Bless the man that invented buffers...

8. ab supply

ab supply
    from fremont

I would stick with HOK unless you need a certain color or effect that they don't have..We sell matrix but don't mess with the custom stuff in their line..Decent ripoff of PPG and thats what it is..Hot Hues is good but spendy Pro Sprays Outrageous Line has a few colors/effects that are different and is good stuff..Excellent coverage...BASF/Carrisma is good stuff...Alsa is for the special effect person that likes to take chances and doesn't mind a disaster here and there..If you need support/tech forget it...Overall HOK Still Rules..

9. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Chuck Norris invented buffing...

Hahahahahahahhaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I just pissed my pants!

10. sik_kreations

sik_kreations

matrix is alright. colors cover close to same as hok, but the quart price was always more then what i could get it at coastairbrush. its just another cheaper alternative. candies werent as transparent, and i dont liek the mpb500 (interclear) compared to sg100.

id take sem over matrix anyday.

as far as uc 35, hands down one of the best custom clears on the market! i dont even mess with ufc. ill just spray the uc and buff the shit out of it! lol.