Register now to get rid of these ads!

hours till show PLZ HELP FUEL PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lovedrunkpunk, Feb 15, 2014.

1. lovedrunkpunk

lovedrunkpunk
    from California

32-34 ford model "a"4 cyl with with riley 2port cyl head and intake 2 stromberg 97

I have a 1933 American Austin Coupe with a 32-34 model b 4 cyl cylinder head is 2 port Riley (yapp) intake 2 stromberg 97 ...crank counter balanced and drill for oil pressure cam 280 degree . 340 lift light flywheel and 9" ford clutch dist. Stock model a 12v altenator audisy 12vbat trans 32 ford 3speed rear end model a ford 3.73 coil cover springs brakes 48 ford (f1 front) front end-drilled 36 ford axel spring behind no shocks radiator 29 ford model a spark plugs ngk b-4es or equive..... ok so I am having troublegetting gas to the motor..... when I push the accelerator it dies ...the fuel pump is down in front of the car and the gas tank is behind the seat does it need to be back by the tank?...... any suggestions??

2. Yea that 12V model A Alternator is the problem, move it to the other side of the motor. :rolleyes:

Before you move the pump be sure that it is running out of fuel at the carbs, then determin why it is running out of fuel. Here is a hint, it is not likely that your model B banger is sucking those strombergs dry.

3. Is the tank vented? pinched hose? kinked line? is it an electric pump? you didn't state if it was, and what kind?

4. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I had an issue like this before. Different engine but same principle. The diaphragm inside the fuel pump was shot. The car would idle (barely), mash the accelerator and it would die. Hope you find it!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. FenixSpeedShop

FenixSpeedShop

If it's an electric pump they need to be as close to the tank as possible as they push fuel better than they pull it.

6. lovedrunkpunk

lovedrunkpunk
    from California

12 volt micro electric fuel pump number 125 universal design for most domestic or thick 8 cylinder carburetor application Mr Gasket company

7. FenixSpeedShop

FenixSpeedShop

It's the pump and the location. Never sold a mr gasket micro pump that didn't come back defective or deficient. Always ended up selling the universal electric fuel pumps in stock at the stores I worked at.

In other words, check that pump.

8. fsae0607

fsae0607

Hook up a vac/fuel pressure gauge and go from there...

9. craftscustoms

craftscustoms

Try putting the fuel pump suction side hose into a can of gas near the front of the engine. You may need a fuel pressure regulator for those carbs

10. Yes you do. They like 2 1/2-3 lbs max pressure.