Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HOTRODPRIMER is in Sick Bay...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seadog, Feb 13, 2016.

1. My only real pain problem is when they do the side to over the top manipulation. The first tug there is always a catch, I had some Hurst linkage on an old Ford like that one. It would always be a little stiff on the 1-2 shift, then one you were through the gears once it smoothed right out. ;)

The staples gone will be your first milestone, then it is onward and upward.
    " A fiery horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust, and a hearty "Hi-yo, Silver, away!'"

Just call me Tanto, uh which loosley translates to stupid, if the shoe fits I guess. :D

The world wouldn't loose much if I was too bunged up to have fun. But if Danny and I both were too bunged up to have fun, now that is an entirely different story. :D

2. pumpman

pumpman

Great to hear all is good, now the problem is YOU have to be good! Keep it going man.

ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Danny,
    Just found this thread! I sorry to hear of your misshape.:( I guess you'll being staying away from those troublesome VWs. Sounds like you are on the road to recovery.:D Sending positive thoughts your way for a complete recovery.

4. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

When I broke the end of my elbow off, the doctor ask me how I wanted it casted. I said just slightly bent. When I went back for a check up he said I see your cast is broke. ( they had a piece in between my thumb and first finger that broke) I said yes, and he said if I fix that will it break again? Yes. He said what are you doing to break that, I said I could not reach the clutch on my motorcycle! I also rode my motorcycle to therapy every time. I got chewed out a lot but surpassed their expectations on my range of motion etc. Hope this makes you grin HRP, Gary

ladyhrp, Baron and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  5. Glad that you're on the mend!
    NO one armed pushups, rope climbing, monkey bars or any other Olympian caliber hoo-rahs you might think you can do.
    My offer still stands to come down and take you for a ride in your black Tudor.:D.

6. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Glad to see you're doing well HRP!

7. Keep improving, Danny.:)

8. A recent pic of "Dannymodo"... looks like a little more rehab is needed :D
    [​IMG]

9. LOL I'll just about bet her name was Bubba.

@HOTRODPRIMER I think that PT has come a long ways from what most of us remember. Pain does not seem to be as important as it used to be, it takes longer but I think that the end result is better. Unless your doctor is way different than mine passive movement is about all you should get until you are pretty near healed up. I am 5 weeks in now and I am still not supposed to actually use my shoulder.

ladyhrp, HOTRODPRIMER and ct1932ford like this.
  10. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Boy does that sound familiar.
    On my first shoulder deal, eight months after surgery, completely undone the repair and had to repeat. Should have bought an electric start lawnmower I guess.
    Killed me to pay that kid to mow my lawn.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  11. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Funny mine was opposite. I was going to PT with mine for three months. It was improving but not perfect. Of course I'm too damn stubborn to stop working.
    My rototiller was having trouble starting. Pulled and pulled on that rope until a severe sharp pain started setting me on my ass. From then on my shoulder pain improved from 70% to 95%. I wouldn't advise this stupidity to anyone.

12. Boatmark

Boatmark

Happy to hear that things are progressing well. Funny thing this digital world we now live in - we are all genuinely concerned for the welfare of a good guy, of like mind and interests, who most of us have never actually met.

13. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Well, I have met Danny and his lovely bride Brenda, and I'll assure you they are just as great personally as they are here on HAMB.

HOTRODPRIMER and seadog like this.
  14. PT was a ton of fun with my shoulder. I hurt it weight lifting and nothing was helping it... finally when I couldn't reach up to change the collet on a Bridgeport.. I had to face the facts and get it checked.

Opted for some cortisone shots, 4 months of PT, 3 days a week. They would start off by "ranging" me, basically grab my arm and move it more than I was able to myself. Pure murder the first couple of weeks, but I stuck with it and got better.

15. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad your doing better.

16. 31 steve

31 steve

Hey Danny, Glad you're moving around. I just got the roadster body back together and primed. If you need some Physical Therapy get Brenda to bring you up to help me block sand! Keep on truckin! Steve

17. Your all heart Steve,I will start PT on Monday.

Block sanding and PT = pain. HRP

ladyhrp and flyin-t like this.
  18. Gray Ford

Gray Ford
    from Illinois

Danny ... Glad you are doing better ... You & I BOTH start PT on Monday ....DON'T overdo it ....

Bob

19. Chrome Moly Steel

Chrome Moly Steel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, fl

Hey HRP, just wondering how your therapy and recovery is going. I met you at Shades last year. Lee

20. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A guy went to have his prostate checked, as he was taking off his pants,
    he asked the doctor; "Where do you want me to put my pants?"

The doctor replied, "Right there on the chair next to mine."

ladyhrp likes this.
  21. I actually got a lecture from one of my brothers about that very thing. he said "No left hand throttle trick, no playing with it, just leave it until the doc says it OK." He couldn't handle it about 3 months in his first shoulder and went riding one handed, then got caught up in traffic and that was the end of one handed and his new shoulder in one fell swoop.

Haven't heard from Danny lately. Anyone talk with him?

I actually had to start shaving before a doctors visit, his wristwatch kept getting caught in the hairs. :eek:

22. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did he at least take off his class ring?

ladyhrp likes this.
  23. Lee,I remember meeting you.

Beeno,I'm still kicking,I just returned home from physical therapy,one month into it and progress is good.

I also have a appointment with the orthopedic surgeon today at 2PM.

I appreciate all the concern,you guys are like family. HRP

olcurmdgeon likes this.
  24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Good news Danny glad to hear you're improving. Are you gonna bve able to make Steel in Motion May 13/14?

ladyhrp likes this.
  25. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Don't push it! Follow Dr's orders. I didn't after a knee surgery. Just had to see if I could still climb poles with my hooks-I got to have it all redone.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    ladyhrp and lothiandon1940 like this.
  26. Thanks Dave,just got home from the orthopedic,they took x-rays and the doctor put me through the range of motions and seemed pleased but said he wanted me to work harder.

I go back to him in 4 weeks,at this time he said no driving and continue wearing the sling.

I haven't ruled out Steel in Motion but time will tell. HRP

ladyhrp and lothiandon1940 like this.
  27. Do you have "homework" exercises? I had a sheet of them and an elastic band and did them 2X a day at home. Used canned vegetables as weights.

ladyhrp likes this.
  28. Yes Bob,I have a list of passive exercises I do 4 times a day. HRP

ladyhrp likes this.
  29. He will still be in passive motion which is not to use his shoulder just stretching on his own and the Therapist pulling it around to keep him from getting a froze shoulder.

Danny (@HOTRODPRIMER ) my Doc says that once your bones knit your schedule will pretty much mirror mine, and in reality I am only about a month ahead of you. Once you get into active range of motion things should speed up for you an that I should advise you not to over-do it. So there you are advice from a Doctor that you will never meet. LOL

ladyhrp likes this.