Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HOTRODPRIMER is in Sick Bay...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seadog, Feb 13, 2016.

1. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Glad to see you are back! Speedy recovery thoughts sent your way.

ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  2. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So glad the surgery went well. Now be sure to take your time and follow the Doctor's orders. Went thru a couple of these deals as well. The PT folks really brought me along and at 73 I'm able to again do pretty much that I need to within reason. Don't rush it. Hoping for the best for you.

3. I haven't been posting on this thread, Danny, but just monitoring it. Glad the surgery went well and at least that part of the journey is behind you. Keep your spirits up and with the re-hab you'll be back feeling like a teenager soon. That might be a bit of a stretch but, hopefully you will have a complete recovery and be back to enjoying cars, people and life in general..........We're all pulling for you. With Brenda by your side, you have a tremendous support system firmly in place................Get well soon....................Don.

4. He's baaaaack!
    That's good news.
    Take it slow and easy, big boy.
    You are blessed to have the best home care nurse keeping you straight. Just say "Yes, dear."

5. Welcome back, Brother! You were sorely missed!!

6. Repairing tendons is done on an out patient basis, you sleep you wake up and someone drives you home. Replacing the ball and general reconstruction is a different story all together.

@HOTRODPRIMER Danny left had typing is a bitch but for me moussing with my left has taken some real getting used to. Glad you are back amongst us, now listen to a young guy, rest as much as possible, don't be afraid to nap and do the best you can to get used to your new girlfriend, she is going to be with you for a month or two. ;)

7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Danny, I don't wanna sound like this is about me but I've had 7or8 shoulder surgeries (R&L) total (lost count) since about 1990, and when I got back to my (desktop) keyboard after surgeries, I bought a computer chair with tall armrests and with a combination of that and pillow placement, I got by pretty well.
    If I finally get a new PC (crashed), I'm gonna get a cordless mouse too, as I think they work better on alternative surfaces, even after all the repairs I've had to my shoulders, I still have (issues). As much of a PIA this tablet keyboard is; it is pretty handy for couch and recliner use.
    Food for thought.
    Again, get well Danny, we all miss ya.
    Doug

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  8. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

I've had 2 knee replacement surgeries. The catheter never bothered me but maybe I have more room for it?;):D

9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

We are all so very happy for you.
    My wife is a "cheesehead". She say's Wisconsin guys are "sausage heads".:eek:

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

HEY, I resemble That! LOL, Gary

11. I had a major knee reconstruction in 1982, tendon graft in there somewhere. They wanted me to keep still, so I spent 7 days in the hospital. One nurse... looked like a brunette June Cleaver. Close to beddy-bye time, she'd give me a shot of Demerol and a back rub... I proposed to her twice.

12. ....................................But did you inquire about the Beaver?;)

13. Given she was a brunette, the collar should match the cuffs...

14. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

I think she was just relieved you weren't Ward. If I remember correctly, she often mentioned he was awfully hard on the Beaver.

15. LOL the first sexually explicit phrase on national Television, "You sure were hard on the beaver last night Ward." :D:D

16. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Those were the good ol' days when you could pair a sexually explicit phrase and a clueless 8 year old and no one thought twice about it.

17. Yea they spent most of there time letting us kids grow up and not being too concerned about us being damaged by the world around us. :D

Well I got to exercise one more time before I leave for PT and I am cutting it a little close.

Danny I'm thinking about ya friend. ;)

18. I went to the Orthopedic clinic Friday morning and meet with Dr. Murry, had X-Rays and was told everything looks good,new waterproof bandages will stay until next Friday afternoon,the staples will be removed on this visit.

BTW,the first initial arm movements took place in the office,UP AND DOWN....Hurt, but the pain was not excruciating . HRP

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    ladyhrp, Baron, biggeorge and 10 others like this.
  19. LTM75110

LTM75110

Good news,hang in there...

20. Old TFFdriver

Old TFFdriver
    from California

It all gets better from here. You got this. Just remember there is a whole bunch of HAMB members that got your back. As I posted prior the shoulder is the worst but it will all be good. Just think ....34 Ford 5 window ... or whatever you prefer and pretend your cruising down RT. 66.....:)

21. You got that right,I am humbled by the support. HRP

ladyhrp and Old TFFdriver like this.
  22. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

That's good to hear, I'm glad it going well for you! Thanks for letting us know.

23. Take it easy on that finger your typing with!!!!!

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

25. stimpy

stimpy

hope they used a Moog problem solver Ball joint in there and not some Hoffman group one , my neighbor had to go thru surgery again for his hip replacements as the old ones failed , this time he did both at the same time instead of one at a time . but with PT he was up and around in a couple of days .

ladyhrp, HOTRODPRIMER and Truck64 like this.
  26. Glad to hear you did an "UP AND DOWN" Was the nurse that nice?:rolleyes:

27. sailingadventure

sailingadventure

Great to hear you`re on the mend. I`ve learned to be nice to the doctor, they have the prescription pad.:)

28. Hey Danny, I just found this thread and want to send my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

lothiandon1940 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  29. When mine was jacked up, the pain was pretty bad when I did PT, surgery has got to be way worse. They would work me, heat the area up, do the range of motion first, go to exercises and finally ice. Ice will be your friend for a long time. I would clip a baggie of ice to my t-shirt and watch TV. Got a lot of home exercises to do too.

30. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

I'm glad to hear you're back up and going. Now you and Beano can sit around and have one finger type off contests. Seriously though, I'm happy to hear everything is going well.