Register now to get rid of these ads!

"hotrodess!!!"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redlineracer42, Dec 2, 2012.

1. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Good times and making memories!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. Pop-Rodder

Pop-Rodder

There's nothing better than the love and smiles of grandkids. I miss mine...

3. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

My 13 yr. old grandaughter told me she wants to learn to drive in my Austin gasser. I asked why and she said, "Because if I can learn to drive in it, I can drive anything." LOL

4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wonderful thread. Shoot...the hot rods and customs are like carnival rides for us "grownups". Easy to see how they'd be even more so for the kids.

5. Here's my little girls enjoying a ride and a ring pop. No I didn't bribe her - well maybe
    [​IMG]

6. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

No grand babies for me! but my daughter who's 16 loves cars/truck,motorcycles & has before birth,no seriously she would kick my wife's guts out until my wife would jump in the beater (not family car!) & go for a cruise,she wants to learn to drive a stick shift car --yikes!
    SHE'S MY GO FAST BABY!:D my boys not so much.:eek:

7. Brandi

Brandi

That's how my hot rod addiction started. Gotta love a car crazy grandpa! I've been going on adventures since I was small and wouldn't have had it any other way.

8. Ramblux

Ramblux

My two year-old daughter loves to ride along in what she calls our "race car," my twin turbo OT car. Every time we get on the freeway she yells, "Race track! We're going on the race track!" She has me take her to Laguna Seca every time we head to Monterey just so she can watch whatever cars are on the track for a few minutes.

9. Good on ya for giving the kids a ride, my son even likes it when mama drives, he just plain loves this t-bucket. He even falls asleep in the darn thing he's so comfortable with it.

[​IMG]

10. tunes

tunes

I'd love to take my grandkids out for a spin once in a while in "grandpa's red car", but with all the car seat-seat belt-only in the back seat laws for kids these days, it rarely happens. I did manage to take my grandson for a ride around the block last spring after his parents dropped him off and he loved it.

11. She is a great little helper also! 4 years old going on 27 1/2!

Attached Files:

12. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

13. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

That's a great picture. Our kids have been around Hot Rods and the racetrack all their life, and have all 3 raced, yes even our daughter. She won alot too (which REALLY pissed off the boys). Three weeks ago our wonderful Grand Daughter Alexa made her first trip to the races to see "Ole Papaw" sling some dirt. She had a blast stomping in the mud. Her mother was not too proud....

But we were...! :D

Attached Files:

• 023.jpg
      023.jpg
      File size:
      247 KB
      Views:
  14. AS well you should be!!! Moms get over it!

15. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

....there's rain coming out of my eyes with these wonderful pics...keep them coming (sniff.....sniff....)

16. Used to pick up mine at school with the plugs half open. She told me I was embarrassing her. But what a smile she had. Miss those days.

17. IF you'll look on my albums you will see one of my 34 gas coupes. I built at least 7 gassers and altereds back in the 60's and raced them all. This coupe was in my storage unit as I did not have a house as I was divorced for the 2nd time. You loose half a house once then half a house the second time your homeless!
    Anyway I was dating this lady who was a college teacher and in a Christian School. I did not think it would work! She acted like she was interested in my cars... was she? So I finally gave her a ride in the 34. She was strapped in the seat and I had just filled up the tank with Ave. Gas at the college local airport. 115 octane! She thought it was great and very pretty in its yellow paint. It had won at 2 different World of Wheels car shows first place trophies. So I thought, this was fun eah? So on the way back to her house on the blacktop highway from the college I slowed to a stop so did the other 2-3 cars right behind us. I brought it up to about 3 grand dumped the clutch and was seriously floating the rear tires for a second until they warmed up a little and bit the pavement! It was at 7,800 rpm and the shift light was flashing on and I slammed the 2nd gear and we were on! I hollerd "2nd"! Shift light again blinked "Third!" I was looking at her out of the corner of my eye watching her expression. I asked her "Forth?" She nodded so we went to forth! I usually turned about 10:20's to 11"30's on the track but this was a few blocks from her school where she taught. I thought Oh well! She'll never go out with me again!!!!! The cars were about 2 blocks behind us! No one was on the road in front of us or I would NOT have done what I did!
    I was sure she would be telling me to take her home!!!
    She was laughing!!
    ???
    She was!
    I asked her, "were you scared?"
    That WAS FUN!!!
    We had the 34 for about 6 years after we got married and that was 25 years ago! She's still with me!

18. Ya gotta love'm!

19. HAYYYY Howzit goin! Good to hear from ya! Ya half ta git yer boy in "Lil Red"!

20. HAy man and commin from the "Great White Nort" where the "attaboys" are kingsize! Good ta hear from ya Scout Master! Hows that new bullet comin?

21. MISCONSTUDE

MISCONSTUDE

Not hot roddess but here's my "little" one, mounting the gopro in the stude at the HAMB drags. He's been riding in that car since I built it in 97' when he was 6 and couldn't see over the dash. He is 6'-2" now and can see over the dash alright. Now he drives it. It sure is a good feeling to see him go down the track.

Attached Files:

22. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Life couldn't be better Redline! Max enjoys climbing in the T, but starting it is strictly taboo. He used to come watch me race until the night I put her into a rail.:( He's coming around though.

Pretty sure he won't be racing it though....his momma would KILL ME!!! Now the 53 might be ok.....:rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  23. sedanbob

sedanbob

My grandkids are half the reason I built a sedan, so I could take several of them at a time! They all love "Grandpa's hot rod". My grandson Max was with me coming home from a cruise - I got on it a little, made some noise, squealed the tires - He immediately asked me how fast we went, then asked me if we could go faster! He's gonna be a handful when he's older!

24. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

^^^HAHAHA! I get that too!......How fast are we going Daddy??! Hmmmmm........your grandson is named Max and he asks the same questions as my son.....are you keeping something from me??! :D

25. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

My Granddaughter loves to come to the shop and check out all the cars, I have to open all the doors and let her in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. My 4 year old granddaughter went for a ride with me this summer and loved it. every time we came around the corner of the house she said "no p-paw don't stop!" I made 6 trips around the block before she let me stop.:D

Attached Files: