Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hotrod stolen Melbourne, Australia 14/12/12

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big hugh ness, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Has nothing to do with me (meaning; I don't know who the owner is - nor did I knock it off- just helping spread the word amongst our Aussie Hambers to keep an eye out).
    Stolen Friday 14th December.
    [​IMG]
    I originally saw this posted on a site called ozrodders.com, but the HAMB is a much bigger place, and who knows, maybe someone has seen something...
    Hope I haven't broken any rules or anything, just wanna help the guy out.
    The story is here:
    http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/more-news/11113-hotrod-stolen-in-north-melbourne.html

cheers
    Peter

2. Never faisl to amaze me that high profile cars like that get stolen. I hate assholes that steal instead of work for their $$$

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Sorry to hear that you guys down under have the same problem as we are having here in the States with cars being taken. Hope this one gets found quickly.

Don

4. hope it shows up-small crowd in this town-will keep my ears open-

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That's too cool of a car to go missing for too long... on an island. I hope it gets found before it's stripped or shipped.

6. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

Shouldn't be hard to find. Steering wheel is on the wrong side!

Seriously, I hope they find it!!

7. dad-bud

dad-bud

Sorry to hear the bad news - it sounds like it was a spur of the moment opportunity that the car was there and someone decided to grab it.
    I hope it turns up real soon without any damage.
    Good luck to the guy who owns it.

8. Pretty big island Fred !! This shit seems to be happening more in Oz ,cars just vanish off the face of the earth .Professionals ??

9. yep-all day-am i the only one who`s noticed peeps photographing rego plates at cruise nites etc??--

10. Dam shame. It's probably in a million pieces by now. What else could you possibly do with a stolen rod. It's like a finger print. Dam shame.

11. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

All eyes open, small market here, sure it'll show up.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

12. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

This sucks. Gotta stop. Hope it gets found quickly and intact.

13. This kinda stuff is happening all over, and it has to stop. The thieves need to be caught and have their hands cut off publicly!

14. Eyes are open here too.

And yeah Ive seen a$$holes at events/cruises as well..... I wont tell you who i think they are but i think we all know who they are.

I hope it turns up soon and intact.

Rat

15. striper

striper

Tell me Frank. I don't know who the fuck they are.

16. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

I hate to say it...when I see suspicious people I go up and greet them,look them in the eye.When they park on my street ,I take the dog for walk and write down their plate numbers.I take their pictures too.

Same thing goes for the cops.When they park in the neighborhood.I introduce myself.I ask them what they are looking for.I might be able to help them.Got to get those folks out from behind the wheels of their cars and get them to know the community they are paid to serve.

17. oh no!another bad thread!hope in a good end.....

18. 97

Haul ya camera out and take a picture of them while they are taking the pictures of the number plates.......that puts them off.

19. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

That's 5mile from me! that means it's 2-3mile from most warehouse and transport company's in the West of the CBD and the Hume Hiway which takes you to just about every corner of Australia,lets hope it's found fast so we can keep this lowlife scum of our street's.
    Gaz!

20. Rusty Olds

Rusty Olds

Could be long gone in a container by now. Hope not. I'm sure that we will all keep our eyes open.

21. last time i did exactly that- theyre honing in on rods now that theyre worth big bucks-it has always been gt stuff over here-these dudes are organised types-this sounds more opportunistic though-hope its found-i was with a friend one night at airport west-the car got knocked off-as we spoke to the jacks about it-it went past on the back of an interstate double decker car carrier!!

22. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

Was that the XR GT !

23. Wardog

Wardog

These people are absolute dogs. I hope this thread can help out. Let's spread the word and make this thing hard to sell.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app