Register now to get rid of these ads!

HotRod Reunion Pix's here from "AHotRod"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AHotRod, Oct 7, 2003.

1. AHotRod

AHotRod

2. AHotRod

AHotRod

3. prime mover

prime mover

that trike is outragous, I concour with Donzie, since when did it become a trend to have the rear tire higher that the body?

4. AHotRod

AHotRod

....there are NO RULES !

5. FrameDragger

FrameDragger

This is the 4th year I have gone... The "corner" of the grove has always been host to serious chops and channels... You really need to see it in person to get the real feel...

6. AHotRod

AHotRod

FrameDragger....You are RIGHT! To experiance this is to have lived, that's why my wife and I traveled from Florida just to see and FEEL. She is so excited, she wants another HotRod, which is OK with me!
    Glenn

7. Love the pix but some of the cars look silly. Just because you can chop and channel the hell outta it, doesnt mean you should. There is a point where it goes from cool to stupid. Some of these cars have crossed that line. No offense.

8. FrameDragger

FrameDragger

Chris, just wondering, which ones pictured here, in your opinion, have gone over the line?

Maybe I am so used to it that I've lost touch...

M-

9. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

Over the line? It's hard to explain the feelin you get walkin around. I just suck it all in then go over and over and over all the feelings I had trying to understand what I really saw...It takes a good month to really get over the immediate post hot rod withdrawls!

10. FrameDragger

FrameDragger

Keven, are we on for Thursday? No word from the British Connection yet...

M-

11. av8

av8

If these cars represent the current level of cool, I'm hanging out in the wrond end of the movement. It's time for me to move on.

12. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

Oh ya...JOe JOst's!! Pabst and specials...the only way to fly in Long Beach-

13. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

Av8, what do you mean? I feel that some of the cars are way impratical to drive even in a hot rod sense. I guess some are just "show" pieces, and that's it and then there are some that are just rust buckets with no ingenuity...Oh well...Hot rodding takes all kinds-IMHO

14. I agree Mike... looks like a good cross section of the RAT ROD movement... not all were boring (#15 & #21), but most were, shall I say, a bit dull as compared to what was at the event... not to mention the "broken rat rod" look is getting old.

Now, ElPolacko's coverage was a better cross section of "cool" found at one of the best events on the planet...

And above all, this is my opinion... I'm not stating it as fact... just an opinion.
    Sam.

15. I dig the trike...but then again I like a lot of those heavily channeled rods, too. Some of them are a bit too much, but still fun to look at...like cartoons! Thanks for the pics.

16. Zodoff

Zodoff

Im not that spoiled,and trendy,so I think it looks like a helluva kool bunch of rods..
    Thanks for putting up the pics!

17. av8

av8

What I mean is that I see nothing in the line-up on this thread that's interesting, innovative, or hot-rod real. They're scenster cars, like tats and do's and cuffed Levis -- the imagined ultimate expression of looking cool without having to deliver.

These are not hot rods that are hammered up and down the Left Coast year around or across country again and again. I'm guessing that most of them log less than a thousand miles each year under their own power. They aren't transportation -- daily drivers. They're scene accessories that are trotted out for special occasions, like VLV or the CHRR.

I hoped that hot rodding would have fared better than this by now but apparently that's not the case. There's a circle-jerk mentality of bad design extant that would mindlessly hurt hot rodding, but the movement is much stronger than the cretins who would attempt to damage it.

Tuth is beauty, beauty truth. En hopup veritas. And it's a major sin to worship poorly conceived hot rods . . .

18. AHotRod

AHotRod

19. AHotRod

AHotRod

20. AHotRod

AHotRod

21. AHotRod

AHotRod

22. AHotRod

AHotRod

23. AHotRod

AHotRod