Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures hotrod movie willys license plate

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brian Eddison, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Hi guys, I,m from the UK and im building a hotrod willys replica,as I've only got the film as a reference, I wondered if there's anyone on here who could tell me what the license plate was on the street version, there's a scene where there at the strip and you can see the back of the car, but can't make out the letters on the plate,looks like its black and yellow,
    Cheers.

2. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Let me get out my crystal ball...

3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think he means Hot Rod, but I cant find anything on the plate number.

4. Limited information:rolleyes:

5. Dennydenny on here owned one of the three cars used in HOT ROD, the Pernell Roberts movie

6. It would be the 1979 Hot Rod, Pernell Roberts movie, also known as Rebel of the Road. Its the only one of the three that had a Willys in it. Sorry can't help on the license number.

Mick

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. lothiandon1940 and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  8. 'There can be only one'.
    Woops, wrong movie.
    This is the car, but I can't find any pics of the plate in question. IMG_20160115_133952.JPG

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. cheers for all the replys guys, will give denny denny a pm :)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. elgringo71

elgringo71

I don't know if you are looking for the actual license plate number but from your description of colors that sounds like an old California license plate.

11. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just watched more American Graffiti last week. Looks like this car is in the back ground of one of the staging lane shots. Anyone know??

12. Go to this site for pictures of plates: http://www.worldlicenseplates.com Start by checking out California plates of the sixties and seventies and see if they look familiar. You could probably get a pair of these plates at a reasonable price. Two single plates would be even cheaper and no one ever looks at the front and back of the car at the same time. You could also advertise for a pair that can not be cleared for YOM registration.

Charlie Stephens

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  13. 52lomofo

52lomofo

I have the movie the next time I watch I'll keep an eye out for it

14. Mark T

Mark T

The car on the left is what he was driving before the Willys, maybe he used the same plate.

[​IMG]

loudbang likes this.
  15. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1452998574.340526.jpg
    I don't know if it's the same car or not. The car in Hot rod didn't have a grille. I read somewhere that they filmed both movies at the same time at the track.

16. LTM75110

LTM75110

They must have borrowed the "Daisey's"from the TLB 55 Chevy. My favorite wheel.

17. There were 3 different WILLYS coupes used in the making of the movie. Do a search there is a thread all about the movie and the cars on here.

18. just had another look, plate is blue and yellow I think, still cant make it out though :(
    [​IMG]
    never noticed it in more grapphitti before either, but ive only watched that one a couple of times
    cheers for all the replys so far ;)

lothiandon1940 likes this.