Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods HotRod Drags-Oct.25,2009-Billetproof-Poor Boys-Who is coming out?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AHotRod, Sep 24, 2009.

1. BackMotor

BackMotor

After close scrutiny, the angle of the tower, and the roundy round track behind it, I would have to agree with you. Saw pics of when Garlits owned it, and was match racing Shirley Muldowny (sp) and the tower looked like the pics you posted.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  2. when i mentioned to my brother that the event was going to be at the track in lakeland he asked me if that was the same one featured in the movie "two lane blacktop"?i told him i thought that was in alabama or tenn.there's no connection to the movie is there?

3. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

I'm gonna tell how old I am, that is the Lakeland strip in Florida in the pictures.
    I used to run at the track when I was in high school.
    I hated to see them close and then sell off some of the property and have to make it an 1/8 mile track.
    If you have not been there in a while, the guy who owns it now has made a bunch of improvements. It is a nice 1/8 mile track. No bumps in the surface and they have extended the shutdown area.
    I'm looking forward to Sunday!!!
    Robert

4. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

yep seat belts installed...and now for the i have to install a puke tank for a rad....but i heard there was a purple coupe looking for me...i'll see him on sunday..

5. AHotRod

AHotRod

I will find you :)

6. THEKID49

THEKID49

If anybody knows a place to get a driveshaft made in Lakeland, Let me know. We were out at Moroso testing Greg's truck tonight and had a major incedent with the truck. Lenny and Greg are changing the tranny and pinion as I write this, but we are lacking a driveshaft. The current one is in a few pieces, and scattered across the dragstrip. Any help would be great.

Thanks Mike

7. BackMotor

BackMotor

Central Fla Driveshaft on Combee Rd :cool:

8. Obsessedwithchop

Obsessedwithchop

^ what backmotor said

9. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

mikes driveline in tampa..