Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Hot Tanking Houston Area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MUNCIE, Apr 29, 2021.

1. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Hello guys,
    I have done multiple searches and have found some good information on here regarding this subject and I know the topic has been covered before. However I have researched and have found videos on the do it yourself techniques which seem simple and cheap enough.
    Now I am not trying to cut corners on this, nor would I want to do that as well on my engine machine work or parts. And there is the fact that I would get stuck with the disposable of said liquid.
    I am looking for a machine shop in the Houston area that still does "hot tanking". Most of the places I have called only do a steamed pressure wash. I know there are still some places out there throughout our country that still offer this service even though I have heard that for whatever reasons this service is sort of being phased out.
    Anyone know of a reputable machine shop that still offers this service in or the surrounding Houston area? Would hate to drive 3 -4 hours just to get it done. Thanks for your input.

-Mark

2. goldmountain

goldmountain

The environmental issues have mostly outlawed this sort of thing.

MUNCIE and Guy Patterson like this.
  3. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

TTT - Bueller, Bueller...:cool::cool: The search continues...

4. Harrison Auto Machine shop in Bryan,Tx(approx 100 miles north of Houston) has been my go-to-shop for 30+ years and as far as I know still offer “hot tanking”. Call 979-822-0930 and talk to Mike/ tell him flathead John sent you. 15857864-1A0C-4726-B591-6DFA96DD743E.jpeg

MUNCIE likes this.

5. egads

egads

Most machine shops now use the baking - blasting system, results seem better than a hot tank.

MUNCIE likes this.
  6. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Thank your sir! Certainly will do. Daughter and Son in Law live in College Station.

7. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

West Side Performance and Machine
    9100 Emnora Ln, Houston, TX 77080
    (713) 465-7996

Sent from my SM-G965U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

MUNCIE likes this.