Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Hot Rods and Music

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ct1932ford, Jan 26, 2020.

1. What kind of music makes you want to drive your Hot Rod? For me it's Johnny Winter, Lynyrd Skynyrd, George Thorogood and many others.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  2. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Link isn't working, CT.
    I wanna hear some good hot rod music.
    Give 'er another try.

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

ct1932ford likes this.
  3. Try it now!

pprather and Texas Webb like this.

4. Truly one of the great bluesmen,thanks.

ct1932ford likes this.
  5. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There we go.
    I put it on the Bluetooth amp in the garage with a lot of bass.
    Rock'n.

ct1932ford likes this.
  6. I'm 72 and saw Winter's and Rick Derringer at the Capital theater in Port Chester NY. in the 60's. Still get my heart pumping!:cool:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  7. What the hell, one more!:cool:

8. jnaki

jnaki

Steppenwolf

Hello,

In the late 60s/early 70s, this song came out and was applied to driving down the So Cal coast line in search of waves. The 2nd 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery had an 8 track player and I had a Steppenwolf 8 track giant cassette. Before I joined Coast Highway for the drive South to the pristine surf spot, the stereo player was on and the windows rolled up in the sedan delivery. I had made mini boxes with 6x9 speakers for the area behind the seats. It just sounded cool and with the hollow chamber in the back, the concert halls had nothing on me, going down the hill to the highway.
    upload_2020-1-26_8-18-15.png
    By this part of the timeline, the boards were short enough to fit inside of the 2nd 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery…no more taking out the rear door window for those big longboards.
    upload_2020-1-26_8-18-41.png
    It took me about 4 minutes to get down to the Coast Highway and I played this song over and over. I was pumped and totally centering what I was going to do when I got to the surf spot. That did, “Get my motor running…” It did disturb concentrating on the art of driving, but it was not that far to go to get to the beach and glassy early morning waves.

Jnaki

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE...
    Jump up several years, a different house/different car/different lifestyle and I was still in those early morning drives to get to the beach and pristine waves, first. My station wagon had no radio that worked, so I used my Sony Walkman Cassette Player with this recorded song (several times in a row) on the tape. WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE. It made the drive to the surf spot exciting and fun. Yes, headphones are illegal to use at any time driving, but I had them on my neck, so I could hear any other car(s). In case I got stopped, they weren’t in my ears. But, as soon as I turned on the final approach to the parking spot, on the ears they went, for the crystal clear exciting sounds.

There was this neighborhood kid that always got to the beach early. Sometimes, as I was sitting and stretching, he would walk up and plunk down a few feet away. It was absolutely silent on the slightly darkened beach. But, this kid was bobbing his head as he was stretching, while looking at the pumping waves rolling into the beach. What kid gets up that early to go surfing?

I actually knew him from the neighborhood and waved. As he pulled off his headphones, I could hear this song blasting out of the speaker heads. “Welcome to The Jungle.” I never brought anything to the beach that early, as it was wet suit, board and into the welcoming waves. We all approach surfing at different styles and ways to get pumped.

“Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here everyday
    You learn to live like and animal, in the jungle where we play
    If you got a hunger for what you see, you’ll take it eventually
    You can have anything you want, but you better not take it from me.”

9. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Whooooh! LOL

Thanks, CT.
    Brings back memories.

1977 maybe 1978. I was 20 or so. Worked production at the Ford axle plant.

About 8 or 10 of us young co-workers and friends... guys and girls... were packed into a van headed to a big party. Intake of foreign substances. Jack Flash on the stereo. Everybody singing at the top of their lungs.

ct1932ford likes this.
  10. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ct1932ford likes this.
  11. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sunday morning rockin'!
    Sompink fer yer 'peakers...
    "Toe-tappin'" music. LOL

Everybody have a good Sunday!

12. Crazy Teenagers!:p Thanks!

13. If I were to turn music up over the sounds of my hot rod, I'd blow my ears out.

woodsnwater and ct1932ford like this.
  14. Paul

Paul
    Editor

15. Paul

Paul
    Editor

16. pumpman

pumpman

Ohoooooo yaaaaa! Now you did it!

17. Paul

Paul
    Editor

18. Paul

Paul
    Editor

19. Paul

Paul
    Editor

20. Paul

Paul
    Editor

21. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Deuces likes this.
  22. I go with performers who are also dyed in the wool car guys...

52HardTop, Gasser 57, Blues4U and 6 others like this.
  23. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Brian Setzer is a true hot rod guy so crank up some Stray Cats or his Orchestra stuff

Stogy, nunattax, R A Wrench and 7 others like this.
  24. I love Steppenwolf and despise Guns & Roses, music is different for all of us and I'm a big fan of the blues.

It's funny, the radio is on in the garage 24/7 but I don't have one on my hot rods, I did take the suggestions from fellow members about adding a speaker and a old phone to keep our daughter happy while se is riding in the sedan, but I have only used it when Melinda is riding with me.

I love music, even played in a couple of bands over the years, but when I am in my hot rod I just rather listen to the car I'm riding in. HRP

25. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

I like everything recorded in the studio of Muscle Shoals, Alabama during the early 70's
    Bob Seeger, Rod Stewart, Wilson Picket, Allman Bros., and many of other music greats all recorded their music using the same studio musicians for years.
    Jimbo

26. prpmmp

prpmmp

27. prpmmp

prpmmp

28. prpmmp

prpmmp