Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Hot Rodding in JAPAN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PA-IndianRider, Mar 16, 2014.

1. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

Wondering what the "hot rod" scene is like in Japan????

I do know there are some owners/builders & events going on there.

I am sure most of you know that when Dean Moon passed away "Mooneyes" was sold to a Japanese company which continue to operate the famous "Mooneyes Speed Shop" in southern California & also in Japan.

From what I heard the owners have "left" the historic southern California location "as is" respecting what Mooneyes has meant & means to hot rodders in the United States & throughout the world.

Sometime this year we will be traveling to Japan with our daughter-in-law & our 1 year old "twin girls" to visit her parents in Nagora, Japan.

Would like to find some "hod rod happenings" Japan-Style while we are there.

Any HAMBers been there & done that????

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

mooneyesjapan.com and more

3. agshelby

agshelby
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Pity you're not going to Nagoya - some really real cats there.....

5. I deleted your photos from my reply because they are NOT appropriate on the Hamb but there are a ton of hot rods in Japan.

This is a photo of my old Deuce sedan with it's new owner and my friend Akiar. HRP

[​IMG]