Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rodders and Bikers.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tfeverfred, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I really don't think that waving is brand specific. Some folks are just friendly.

Funny story, I was driving my Galaxie down town when I first got on the HAMB and going down this street everyone comming at me kept waving and I thought man am I cool or what. Then I got to a stop light and noticed that all the lights were facing away from me. :eek: Damn not cool at all, just dumb. :(

Hey I resemble that remark. :D

Soo what does a turbo and a honda have in common? They both blow (or suck depending on which side of the turbo you are on).
    Well STD cases were also good for the same reason that you put a nose cone left case on an early. You have to bear in mind that a lot of them didn't get an alternator and a lot of my old friends have been a little seedy at one time or another.

Hey do you remember who used to make the nose cone conversion for the early cases? it replaced your timming cover with one with a nose cone and you used a late model cam and points plate and etc. to do away with your stock distributer.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Round case ducatis are dead reliable, set 'em and forget 'um...And I'm an airedale...:D

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

roflmao!:d:d

4. STD cases and heads, you guy's are getting into old brain cells now LOL. I can tell you guy's this, DELKRON is the new king!! I know, keep it on topic:rolleyes:

5. If you read his autobiography "Hells Angel" he actually says if he had a chance to do it all over again, he wouldn't have done it with Harleys.

6. now you cats got my blood racing all this talk about STD cases and heads. Here are a few other names we used to use in the TRADITIONAL HARLEY HOT ROD Engine world, these ring any bells............. AXTELL big cast iron cylinders, Truet & Osborne- flywheels especially known for the big heavy wheels for the stroked Dressers. Sputhe Engineering, Leinweber Cams, Branch Engineering, oh yea somebody stop me....................

7. Trock Cycle, I spent a boat load of money there, Sifton cams, Rowe Machine, and sorry for the above Jerry Branch's company was Branch Flowmetrics, all old school Harley Engine World names. Anyone besides me remember these names?

8. Larry T

Larry T

OK,
    How about John Harman. Here's one of his 120" "Shovelheads" that I used to have. I started putting it together and someone decided they needed it a LOT more than I did.

If you squint, you can see it ran dual carbs, front exhaust out the left side of the head, 4.35" bore. Pretty trick piece.

I believe STD was originally Trachenberg Engineering.

Delkrons are great cases, but it sometimes takes some work to fit them to a frame. And you can't run a skid plate with the trapdoor.

Attached Files:

9. Larry, your my new best friend what do you drink I'll add your name to the Christmas list.

10. Heres the last # I had for STD if anyone wants to try, 818-998-8226.

11. " Smoke em if ya got em " courtesy the legend, Joe Smith.

Attached Files:

12. Larry T

Larry T

A little more about the bike ^^^^^^ with the Harman engine. It also had a Harman frame, PM 12 spoke 18" front rim, 5 speed in a Sputhe case for a 4 speed frame, back wheel was a 15" Cragar Supertrick bolted to a custom hub to make everything fit. The wheel was built before Harley ever thought about running a solid wheel.

13. Larry T

Larry T

Joe Smiths old bike is still in Oklahoma, shows up every once in a while to play. The guy who rides it is a BUNCH over 6' tall. Chains that connect the engines sound like they're trying to eat someone.

Attached Files:

14. Truckedup

Truckedup

Smoking the tire like a real dragster Boris Murray on his double engine Triumph.He held ET and speed in fuel bike from 65-73.

[​IMG]

15. billysguitars

billysguitars
    from east texas

I looked through the thread and didn't notice if anyone had posted a pic of McQueen on a 1970 Bonneville giving the two finger salute during the filming of the Le Mans Grand Prix.. I'll check again and then try to post one if not. Major Cool.

Next to my 1930 A Coupe body in the driveway are a bunch of old Triumph parts. Been trying to bolt together a 1957 T-Bird lately (that's the two wheel kind)

Billy

16. Larry T

Larry T

Ray Price, a few years ago in Louisiana at the IHRA Finals.

Attached Files:

17. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

My 106ci Accurate Pan with a Sputhe 5ina4 box with a kicker:) ehhhh, pardon the billet cam cover,

Attached Files:

18. 117harv

117harv

Attached Files:

19. Larry T

Larry T

We're just checking to see if any of these guys are giving the "down low". :D

20. If you're a bike rider, this is no surprise as we tend to focus on going off the beaten path, take the side roads as that is where the real interesting things are. So it is apropos that this thread is not on the straight and narrow! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Bikes are like vegtables;
    Harley goes potato... potato... potato
    Asian bikes go onionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

So does this mean Ducatis go "spagetti...spagetti...spagetti???

22. Now there is some really cool stuff to see in this thread.
    and it all started with a wave. Bwahhhhaha

23. Cerberus

Cerberus

My H-D 95 cu in goes: chocolate, chocolate, chocolate......:p Has a really sweet bark to it, with the 510 cams, gear driven big valve, and Vance and Hines pipes.:D

24. BISHOP

BISHOP

25. Model T1

Model T1

So the next time you ride down the road and see a biker, wave.......... You owe it to us!:D
    Yes, us. I really do have a turd in my pocket.
    Might as well say it before someone else does. We may be old but we ain't dead yet.

26. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Holy crap , i sleep for a couple days & you guys have put together one hellva thread. OT , your ass.
    Been going to the T&O races for some time (might have seen me there) And all this stuff brings back a lot of memorys. I have owned a bunch of bikes & to be honest , I still do , just slowed down in my old age .
    NEXT.........

Attached Files:

27. johnod

johnod

This has nothing to do with waving, this is for the old brit bike guys.

Why do the english drink warm beer?

Because Lucas also makes refrigerators.

28. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Have you had a cold guinness?

29. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Whew...this has to be the most amazing drag bike pic I've ever seen.
    Talk about balls. He must have Jumbo Steelies.
    And had the record from '65 to '73? Wow.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.