Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod style of movie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fastlane1, Mar 30, 2009.

1. This may sound crazy but try " The Attack of the Giant Gila Monster" . Made in 1959 , has a sock hop and a bunch of old style rods , vintage rock n' roll and as a bonus a cheezy giant gila monster .

2. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

3. junk fiend

junk fiend

hell yeah i remember seeing that on mystery science theatre 3000:D

4. Steve 38

Steve 38

Greased Lightning, Corky, and Last American Hero haven't been mentioned yet. All speedway related movies from the early 70s. All have lots of cool dirt track footage and even a bit of Nascar footage. And there is even some jalopy racing, which will probably make you cry!

5. rustrustler

rustrustler

how about gumball rally a fairly cheesy 70's flick but it has cars.

6. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Any body remember H.b. Halickey's Gone in sixty seconds. His eleanor was a 73 or 74 mustang.Thats the best carchase .I've ever seen Pretty much lasted the entire movie.He paved the way for Nicholaus cage .He died making the second movie.The only way his widow got the 2nd released She sold it to hollywood. H.B. Halickey's is better and was released in1974.

7. mediumriser

mediumriser
    from Ohio

It was a Yellow 73' Mustang. That movie still holds the record for most wrecked vehicles in a single car chase. By far the BEST car chase seen in Hollywood. Next to Bullitt.

Also there was a B rate made in the early 90's called Catch Me If You Can, good movie good acting and cars range from a late 70's TA to a bad ass 57 Chev.

You probably won't find it but there was a Tales From the Crypt Episode call "Bad Road", it had Brad Pitt in it along with one of the BADDEST 57 Chev's I have ever laid eyes on. Me and my dad taped it when I was like 11 years old. Still have it to.

8. Deuce of Spades.
    It's the one to keep in your safety deposit box and save for future generations.
    My favorite movie to pass a lonely winter night with.

9. newpy383

newpy383

The seven ups. I Think the first 20 minutes of mad max is one of the best car chases ever. Christine

10. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

All you'll ever need if you're a real hot rod guy can be found right here, "The Road to Bonneville" and "The Devil at Your Feet". . .

http://www.AtomicHotRods.com

Real Hot Rod movies made by a Real Hot Rod builder. :)

11. newpy383

newpy383

Just thought of another one. return to macon county

12. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

If you don't mind, could we expand the search to cartoons, too (shorts, not necessarily features). Gary

13. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Not exactly a Hot Rod movie but one of the better racing movies made, "The Big Wheel" with Mickey Rooney, early Indy racing. Check the bargin bin at Wally World, I just picked up "California Kid" for $5.00.

14. 65 Hemi Coronet

65 Hemi Coronet
    from Florida

I like Thunder Road with Robert Mitchum, and Hot Rod, about a guy who wrecks his early mopar and yanks the hemi out and finds a 40 Willys to put it in. Kind of hokey but fun.

15. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

this is a 3 year old thread guys... i THINK, he probably bought something by now

:p

16. Driving Miss Daisy?

17. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Im trying to think 3 years ago on this,Ill check this in another 3