Register now to get rid of these ads!

hot rod shows and shops in vegas and california

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod-kenny, Jul 30, 2008.

1. hotrod-kenny

hotrod-kenny

Hi Guys!

My wife and I are goin to the states for our honeymoon. Its our first trip to the US. We are starting at Bonneville speed week and then a two week road trip. Where going to Vegas and California. We are going live in the LA area, but might take a trip to San Diego or San Fransisco.

We are going to Petersen automotive museum and NHRA museum, So-cal speedshop and maby Barris or Hines shop.

Are there any cool shows or other shops I should visit?

Attached Files:

2. If you are out in Pomona you need to go to the NHRA Museum and take the tour of the SoCal Speed Shop back room. About 4 miles apart. The museum is closed a couple of times during the week so check their hours first. SoCal does a couple of tours a day. 11 and 2 if I remember right. Took her wifeliness to both. She liked the museum but was kind of bored at the shop.

3. yeah, so when are planning to be here?

4. thebrassnuckles

thebrassnuckles

did you guys go to famoso? there was a European couple on their honeymoon there a week or so ago and they let them take their rental car down the strip. i thought it was pretty cool.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. hotrod-kenny

hotrod-kenny

Ok thanks guys.

We land in salt lake city august 22nd. Pick up the rental, and then straight to Bonneville. Gonna be checking out different cool places in California the first week of September.

Anyone know if there are any tours at Barris?

Any cool hotrod and custom shows? anything at Bakersfield ( first week of september)

Woody shows/ places to see old wooden boats like 50`s chris crafts an stuff....?

Are there other museums worth visiting ( hotrods, Big daddy roth art, music)

Thanks for any info guys!

Regards.¨

Kenny.

6. hcar

hcar
    from Santa Ynez

7. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

i live in san diego,and i can show you around there are some great local cruisers to attend and our car club will throw a cool BBQ and cruise our cars. so pm me and we will hook that up and have a great time my e mail is chazzwazza@hotmail.com

8. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

did anyone mention the primer nationals on the 30th and 31st in ventura? you gotta go to that!

9. hotrod-kenny

hotrod-kenny

Thanks for the tips, I will look you up if we`re going to San diego.......

Kenny.

10. Cole Auto

Cole Auto
    from SoCal

I second the primer nationals. Sounds like the time would be right too.

11. Tbomb428

Tbomb428
    from SoCal

Friday night's a good night to be in Burbank at the Bob's Big Boy (technically it's Toluca Lake, but Burbank is right there). It's one of the oldest ones, and it draws a lot of good vehicles. There's a lot of money in the area (Hollywood), and guys bring out some real impressive stuff. If you get there in the afternoon before the cruise you have to check out Auto/Aero books in Burbank and 8-Ball (a cool vintage style store) also.

http://www.bobs.net/renovation/renov.html
    http://www.autobooks-aerobooks.com/
    http://www.8ballwebstore.com/

12. Choptop

Choptop

if yer still in northern ca at the end of Sept. there is always Billetproof.

Sept. 20, Antioch, CA.

13. Choptop

Choptop

14. thaugen

thaugen

15. thebrassnuckles

thebrassnuckles

16. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

You had mentioned Chris craft 50's boats,if you are travelling back along Interstate 80 from Salt Lake and coming by Lake Tahoe there are a couple of places to check out for some old woodys.

17. hotrod-kenny

hotrod-kenny

Primer nationals, and all the other stuff sounds like a blast. Thanks all....