Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hot Rod show at Will County Fairgrounds?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TooManyFords, Mar 29, 2010.

1. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

Talking to some friends tonight and they said they saw a flyer for a rod rod show in Peotone in September. Anyone have information on this?

2. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Since you live in Peotone, why not get the details and report back??? I find it hard to believe there is a "hot rod show". Last September, there was a local show at the Green Garden elementary school, .....far from a hot rod show. Terry Ford usually has a local venue, but probably not stuff the HAMB would hype. Typically, the local "cruise in's" and small town venues are nothing to rave about. Perhaps Peotone is on the cutting edge for 2010??

If there really is some type of car thing going on in September, the Mayor or Village Hall administration will know about it. Let us know. Stu

3. Hellfish

Hellfish

They're billing it as a Rat Rod show because they thought the Hunnert Car Pileup was too exclusive (traditional rods only), so the Peotone show is aiming for a rattier crowd (or so I was told). Good thing because I don't think most of the rats would make it all the way to Decatur on their own 4 wheels... and we're really cracking down on the non-traditional garbage this year. :D

They should get a pretyy big and diverse crowd if they advertise it properly.

4. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

I will check around. Dont like rats. Already got hotel reservations for Hunnert. Not trying to take away from it. Just looking for something to do on another weekend. Police chief is a friend. I will ask him. It was too late to talk to anyone when I found out last night. Funny about the Green garden show. I went to school there and never heard of it. Never saw a show at Terrys either. Pearl and small show last year. I will see what I can find out.

5. Hellfish

Hellfish

The more shows the merrier. The show you asked about may be a different show than the one I heard about, or there's another show starting up that's blatantly and shame-facedly trying to rip off the Pileup. We'll see what becomes of that.

6. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

Listed as Rat rods Kustoms and Hot rods. I am not affiliated with this show but it is a mile from my house so I will go. Sept 11. Supposed to be a swap meet. There is another show in Monee Il on the 25th. It will have a little bit of every thing.That one is raising money for Juvenile Diabetes. Barnyard boogie.

7. willysgasser40

willysgasser40
    from Illinois