Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Rolodex

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jettback50, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Jettback50

Jettback50

I am looking to create a Hot Rod Rolodex to keep track of information we find at shows, ads, and buddies. The format and base for the project is what I am looking. Here is what I think needs to be included:

1. Must be fluid so it can be easily updated or deleted as necessary with comments, personal experiences, and reviews.
    2. Searchable by Name, Location, and Type of Business or other lists/pages that populate as these are entered and updates. - Location is important so you could print out or download your list for an area which you are going to travel and check out that builder's show, manufacturer, junk yard, or cool collector.
    3. Easy to use and read
    If you or someone you know has already made one, please let me know because I have not found anything worthwhile. This is going to be a large project that will take quite a bit of time and something that will be built over the years. Any help I can get now will save me from building something that is not viable in the future and would have to be started over. I'm hoping to avoid that.

Once I get this going it might be something we could share and build upon. For right now I want to be able to find...that guy who have all the intakes in Puyallup, for the day when I get time to go down there or...where was that manufacturer in Montana? or...Chuck told me to look him up next time I was in town. Am I in his town?

I just came back from a cross country trip and changed my path a bit to stop by a few places that might have been out of my way, but was not able to map everything before I left or even find all the hot rod shops in say, Minnesota. That is where this idea was born.

Thanks for your help.