Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Reverend Intro...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by danman55, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Greetings from Winchester, Virginia and the congested I81 corridor.

When I was 16, I bought my first car, a 55 Ford Club Sedan. That was 1990. Back then, all the teenagers were after sport trucks, mustangs, camaros, or Firebirds. "Tuner" wasn't even in the vocabulary although enough fellas my age were already trying to get oversize rims and tires.

Me? I am heavy into Y blocks. I have owned Y block powered cars and trucks since 1990, and have just started in on vintage superchargers, like the Paxton McCulloch VS57 blower. I have a full running setup on a 292 Y. Here is a link to a video of the rumble of the mighty Y....

http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg208/danaxjessup/paxton/?action=view&current=100_4309-1.mp4

I am a baptist preacher and have received the title "The Hot Rod Reverend" by a lot of those that know me...glad to be here!

2. buickbybirth

buickbybirth

Welcome aboard Brother. I too have been called by the Lord and was raised up and sent from my home baptist church to plant a church in Crossville Tn. The locals were shocked to see a pastor driving a street rod and so were those at the first pastors association meeting I attended. I planted Church B53 (Believers United In Christ) about a year ago and have seen most of our congregation saved from street witnessing and a few from worship services. God blessed me with a 53 2 door ht that Im currently building as a daily driver. The car was given to me after a guy heard my testimony about how Moses had a burning bush, Paul had a damascus road, and I had a 53 buick. I went to look at the car and the brother handed me the title and said, "The car has been in my family for 20 years but now She's all yours." Im still shocked!

Enjoy the forum and stay intouch.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  3. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Praise D Lowered! Welcome to the HAMB from Nor Cal

4. Cochise Chops

Cochise Chops

Right On!!! Saved in '83, ordained in '85!!! Wouldn't have it any other way.

Welcome from FL.

5. Praise the Lord and pass the nitro.
    Welcome from Michigan.

6. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

7. What they said!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Awesome Y-block ... welcome aboard!

9. welcome aboard Preach'

10. moffetkustoms

moffetkustoms
    from granby, mo

Welcome from Missouri, Bro. This will be a great ride. Keep the faith and keep that old flame burning.

11. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar