Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hot Rod Reunion Bowling Green 2015 (Who is going)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by enloe, May 10, 2015.

1. the-rodster

the-rodster

Arrrrggggggg.......

weather.jpg

2. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup. We decided not to make the trip. We checked every weather map we could find and they all said the same thing. If it was a one day ride for us we may have gone but it's 2 days and a lot of gas money

3. I made it last night. Hot and sunny now. Lots of cars in town. About 3/4 of the pits are already filled up.

4. D-man313

D-man313

We're about half way there. Running the 2 lane highways all the way down. Raining on and off all morning. It's just water.

5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Looks like I am going to miss it again.
    My daily took a shit and have no time for the Bel Air maybe next year.

6. the-rodster

the-rodster

I just found this out....

If you are registered for the hot rod reunion, you can pay a small fee and make laps
    at the new National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park tomorrow (Thursday) evening.

Touring Laps $30
    Spirited touring laps (60-80mph) on the NCM Motorsports Park West Track.
    Each lap purchase includes 3-4 times around the track. Drive your own car.

Parade Laps $12.50
    Slower paced parade laps, with pace car and chase car. Drive your own car.

Go here for more details....
    http://www.nhra.net/2015/images/Museum/2015 NHRR Schedule.pdf

I've been trying to figure out how to get an old car on that track ever since they built it.

Rich

7. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

4;30 am getting ready to roll out from n.o.

8. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Supposed to rain but I don't melt, just get moldy leaving early Friday for BG

9. Gman0046

Gman0046

woodhawg, you might have missed BG's best day which was today (Thursday). Sill have concerns about the rain affecting the racing.

10. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

I backed out at the last minute,,I know one of the fuel cars there he said it was raining pretty hard about 2 pm,,,,Hope it holds off for all you that went,,Having withdrawals myself, May have to start knocking down some cold ones and PRETEND I don"t care about not going..

11. doinbad

doinbad
    from celina tn

We are heading out early in morn but leaving the j home no wipers well vac wipers. But my best bud who is getting now on 74 who thinks he is 12 wrecked his Sears and Roebuck mini bike he put a 6.5 motor on it (came with a 3.5) and now is having trouble getting around and said he just couldn't make the trip in his Packard so we're bringing the teardrop and the golf cart so he can get around. I know golf cars suck but I'm getting to go I'm kinda worried about the rain though I might float away my wife said I was a turd

enloe likes this.
  12. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just heard on the television that there are going to be severe thunder storms tomorrow with quarter sized hail. Keep the cars under cover.

13. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Just like most bars I go to, Free beer yesterday!

Possums Crotch KY anywhere near Eighty Eight KY?

14. Todd553

Todd553

How was the weather today? Did they run all day or did the rain show up in the afternoon?
    Thanks

15. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just got off the phone with Dave Davis and it was shut down early because of heavy rain.

16. Todd553

Todd553

Thank you sir. Decided not to go at the last minute. Looking like a good idea now.

bobkatrods and ME.GASSER like this.
  17. Great weather wed. A small down pour that didnt last long. Every thing was almost dry and ready to race again then round two came. Its been dry ever since. Great swap meet this year. More vendors with hard core race parts. Think complete scott injector. Several silver fire suits. Magnesium bear claw rims etc. If you have the cash there are some real desirable parts. I bought a magnesium idler pulley. Also got some 8mm pullies i was looking for. I glad i came. Midway got smaller again. Less cars out cruising. Lots of race cars.

18. elgringo71

elgringo71

Any updates on the weather from people that are there?

19. sheltonfab

sheltonfab
    from Mo

80 degrees and partly cloudy. The weather channel shows a possibility of rain starting in the afternoon. I haven't seen anything about hail.

20. greg

greg

I also am missing this year. 1st no show in years. I keep tormenting myself and looking at the weather and seeing clear spots. I didnt see where bangshift is covering the event. If there is any live coverage please let me know.

21. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Is there any streaming video this year? Bangshift usually does it but nothing on there site about it this year. (I wrote this about 8 am and forgot to hit reply until just now. I see the question has already been asked)

22. Must not be anyone there with a smart phone.

23. The weather held all day accept for a brief sprinkle. All classes ran. Top fuel leader i think went 5.75 bump at 7.15 dont quote me on that. I was into several beers by then. No big carnage and no crashes unlike last year. Everyone was safe. For those that stayed home too bad your missing it. The weather man got it wrong.

24. boucher racing

boucher racing
    from nashville

Yup like Racer X said, it sprinkled 2 or 3 times and were racing 10 min later. The racing crowd was huge this year w/ trailers and badass cars everywhere. This is by far my favorite show every year. Perfect blend of racing, well thought out-driven hot rods, and hardcore racing swap.

I think the weather man will get it right for Saturday. It's suppose to get a real douching.

25. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well my phone had been acting up. But I am finally able to post. It has been a crappy trip for me but I am still having fun.

1st night Ethan got sick and projectile vomited in the tent (I am still unsure how he got it on the ceiling of the tent). Then the next morning on the way back from breakfast the rearend came apart in the wagon. I got the wagon pulled back to the campsite with the wheel rubbing the inside of the wheelwell. Then I still had to finish cleaning the tent:(.
    On the plus side I got hooked up with HAMBer JOYFLEA and he said he will haul the wagon home Sunday so that is great (awesome guy and new amigo)
    Got to make some new friends and see quite a few old ones all in all good trip and still more to go :).

26. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

If you cancelled going Friday, you missed out. The weather was nice till late in the evening. I half expected to wade through mud every where, but it was not too bad. A couple of sprinkles was all. Enloe, I'm pretty sure I saw your wagon, but I had no cell service in BG so I could not contact anyone.

27. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

All I gotta say is Shit,,,,Course had I made the trip it would have rained like hell So Y'all be glad I stayed home.

28. Gman0046

Gman0046

Enloe, sorry for your problems. I know how you were looking forward to the HHR. Sleeping and cleaning vomit out of a tent not doing it for me. Good thing you have a way to get the wagon home.
    It's been like a Monsoon at my house in Kentucky since last Wednesday, one thunderstorm after another and its still coming down. Deciding not to leave early Thursday as originally planned was probably a big mistake as the weather here kept getting progressively worse and we decided to bag the whole trip. Probably saved $500.

Gary

29. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

No "BANGSHIFT"coverage. Too many signal problems-- meaning no signals in or out in that area

30. ripsrides

ripsrides

So what's happening now looks like weathers leaving area have they postponed or cancelled the race. I'm trying to decide to go or not wonder if they will race tomorrow