Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hot Rod Reunion-BGKY--Falfa saved my @ss!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by earl schieb, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Yeah, another KY nostalgia nitro-fest is now history :( I go every year, hang with friends and HAMBers(mutually inclusive term?), and in general have a fun, trouble free weekend. :)
    This one was a little different.....:mad:
    Started with my motorhome having mechanical failures on Wednesday. Luckily, Juniorstock found a room for us all at the Super 8 (me, him, hotrodladycrusr) Round two of bad luck was a broken spring in Big Olds' right door latch, ending with a cracked door glass from repeated door slamming trying to make it latch(Sorry Denise:() I tore down her door and found the problem, and headed to the nearest parts store for a temporary spring---but not before having to jump my truck off(weak battery) .

Today I sleep in and Tim and Denise hit the road for their long drives home(mine's only 50mi).....get ready to leave---battery flat again. Nobody around, hotel lot empty, nobody I can think of to call....so I hoof it toward the nearest market to hunt for jumper cables.......but lo and behold, at the Hardees next door I see two of the bitchinest 55 Chevys---one flat black, red plexi windows, chrome srtaight axle, Radirs, etc....just flat bad-ass...the other, one of the best American Graffiti Falfa 55 clones I've ever seen :cool:.I tell them my situation, and they roll over to the hotel and just 'take over'.....freakin awesome guys, tried to jump with their spare battery, cleaned terminal, etc...finally made some wires up to use as redneck jumper cables(side post vs top post).....I couldn't get in there to help at all
    I tried to pay 'em something, but they wouldn't take a dime. All they'd accept was my thanks. I didn't even get their names, but they said they were headed home to Cleveland TN......
    So.....if any of you East TN guys know these fellas, Thank 'em for me again!

No better people in this world than car people, I swear. Hot rodders are the BEST:cool:

2. Car gods got ya for hurting Big Olds!

3. aceuh

aceuh

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Shit, I didn't even THINK that you might need another jump this morning or I would've woke your sleepy ass up and jumped ya before I left. My only concern at the time was you sleeping thru check out.:D

Thanks for everything sweetheartI had a blast hanging out with you and Tim this weekend and I'm really looking forward to doing it again in Auguest. xoxoxoxo

5. uuhhhh....care to rephrase that?:eek: :eek: :p:D

Back at ya;) Always great hangin with my BFF hotrod rockstar HAMB gal pal (ps thanks for lettin me sleep)

Asa: yeah that was one of the 55 guys that helped me out. Real good dudes.:cool:

6. belair

belair

Lol and that is a wicked 55.

7. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

chuckle, chuckle

8. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

we all know what she ment;););)

9. wild32hotrod

wild32hotrod

sounds like Kenny and his Dad Jimmy I have known these guy for a while REAL good guys

10. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

yeah that is who it is they are friends of mine. they are great guys.

11. Sounds like you need to keep the GMC Motorhome version of the NSRA Fellow Pages with you. It's known as the Black list.

12. I'm aware of the Black List ;). Not much help when you're only a mile from home though :eek::)

Enloe, I figured you'd know 'em. Good guys, fo' sure. Tell 'em I said thanks again :cool: Good seein' you Friday, too!

13. fbama73

fbama73

Down there, you're going to find people willing to help out more often than most anywhere else.

My Dad's family is all from Macon County, and Mom was born and raised in Allen County KY- I claim that area as home rather than where I'm stuck at for the moment. As soon as we can sell the house, I'll be moving my part of the family back down to TN.

14. Labold

Labold

Come on back down, we'll leave the light on for ya.

15. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

16. fbama73

fbama73

As soon as the house sells, We're there. Wifey doesn't have a drop of Southern blood in her, but the first time she spent time down there, she fell in love with it.