Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod power tour 2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by threepiston, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Seriously, how are the roads.?:)

2. starchief1959

starchief1959

Either that or park outside the fence and toss in our empty beer cas. LOL!

J/K :D

Oh, and I don't have a horn. :(

3. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

FYI, something to do in Detroit.... hot rods can start showing up at 6pm per the Warren P&R department....theres also a Cruise In at Pampa Lanes on Van Dyke....
    cc

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  4. T BUCKET TERROR

T BUCKET TERROR

Leaving for Madison friday morning :). Looks like it's a good thing i have drain holes in my floor...:eek::eek:

5. starchief1959

starchief1959

Rolling out at noon tomorrow.

6. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

headin out sat morning ! see ya there fellas , unfortunately roadsterpickups not finished so rollin in the off topic 66 mustang gt , say hi if ya see me

7. 55belair

55belair

We're going to try and pick up the Power Tour in South Bend, IN on Monday. At the moment, it looks like rain. Lets hope the weather forecasters are wrong.

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

If it's raining (40% chance) I won't be at Metro Beach in Mt Clemens on Tuesday. I really don't need to spend $25 to sit in an asphalt parking lot in the rain.;)

9. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

we had an absolutely perfect day today! Sunny, high seventies, low humidity and a pleasant breeze.

I want to thank those on the HAMB and many others for all your efforts to make the pre-event press conference, this mornings multiple television interviews and the very efficient registration a huge success. We have a HUGE day ahead of us tomorrow and with rain coming in the PM, we should be extremely busy in the AM.

Great crowd at Quaker Steak and Lube tonight. Will be bigger tomorrow if the weather forecast is incorrect.

2500 pre-registered and that is up over last year. Total expected is 4500.

Good to see some HAMB friendly cars and trucks today and tonight. Seems as though that old 56 Gasser of mine was a big hit!

10. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Good luck and hope everyone has fun. I found a auction with some vintage tin and lots of other goodies that will keep away from the power tour. he he he he

11. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

getting ready to head for madison in a couple hours , its raining here hopefully we drive out of it and its nicer there !

12. i'm down in Mad Town today for the tour. Watch for me in the big, low, rusty Lincoln.

13. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

kinda crappy day. Cold, drizzle, rain, wind. But wow, what a turnout! Were expected something like 2000 thru the registration area and we absolutely blew that away. Had to bust butt to stuff extra credential envelopes just to get all served. I was very proud to see all the hotrodders show up in a city that isn't very car friendly. It's the hotrodders that caused global warning, don't you know.

My favorite cruiser was a 1963 Dodge 440 that had been stretched into a limo...in 1964, not recently. Supposedly for the Pope? Had a Viper V10 and six speed. Corvette suspension. Will carry the front wheels and gets rubber IN ALL SIX GEARS!!

And they drove it from New Jersey. Way friggin' cool.

Took the 50 Olds, but no time to even cruise around the grounds. Will race it at Da Crove tomorrow, weather permitting.

14. Bobwop....Did you take any pics of the Olds at Da Grove? God I love that car! We went to the Racine Lakefront and bucked the wind for a few hours. I looked for you, but you may have left for Union Grove before 1 in the afternoon....Centurion9

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Suppose to be really nice weather-wise here in the Motor City tomorrow.

16. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

I had a good time in Mad town. Stayed for 3 hours before the rain picked up. PAUL

17. I have to work the show tommorow. Stop by the 3M booth and say hello. I am easy to spot 6'4 about 245. I should be near the NAPA stuff. See Ya

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thats just your computer size.....live you're really 185 :D

19. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

in south bend drinkin moonshine tonight ! looks like were headin home tomorow though ! its been fun

20. brandon

brandon

supposed to be cruising by my dads area thurs. morning.....the kid and i , might run down to his place and watch the "parade" :D

ought to be really interesting with the dump truck crowd and the local rock quarry:rolleyes:

21. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

sorry, no pics. Made a couple of passes, but most action was in the pits. The car was a huge hit, especially with the older folks. I need a smaller convertor to put down a good run. Too much cam and too much fuel.

We went down to the lake AFTER the Grove...5:00 or so. Great crowd and we certainly enjoyed looking at the cars. Like the guy with me said, "today we get to look at cars, 'cause the last two days all we saw were assholes" (we worked registration)

22. gonmad

gonmad

Pics!!!!!!???????!!!!!!!???????