Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage hot rod parts overload/going to the scrapper PICS FIXED

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Mac, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

It`s more understandable that the guy loved the stuff to the point of losing than it is that the bankers who asked for government bailouts didn't see it was worth more than scrap and maybe even the property value.

2. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

I didn't get the cabover van. He ended up finding a buyer that paid good money for it. At least its not going to the scrapper.... It's going to Texas instead to die a slow death as farm art.

3. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

4. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

Here is some of the parts I have gathered up from there...Now I just need some place other than my driveway to store it...Some parts are for sale just pm me and ask...

5. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Of course, everything Milkweed got is all stock '56 chevy parts..... LOL

6. No - he got a Ford truck steering wheel too. Made it totally worth it! :D

7. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

SHHHHH!!!! The deal we made with the scrapper is that he could take everything that was '56 chevy so he would have the parts to build the car he bought from him. So, everything that came out of there that day was to a 56 chevy! Including the grinder stand! If you look close at the "ford truck steering wheel" you will see it's actually a 56 chevy wheel! And that thing that looks like an el camino tailgate...... it's 56 chevy! The 409 heads? Yup, you guessed it. Stock 56 chevy!

8. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Got a couple cool little bonuses in my crates full of gauges:

Just in time for halloween! Old WWII(?) US Navy gas mask.
    [​IMG]

Thunderbird tri-power aircleaner cover. It's cool for sure, but then I turned it over and someone engraved some scripture into it back in the day. In case you can't see it in the picture, it reads "And thou shalt tremble in fear as the mighty 390 passes by."
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

I would love to run across something like this situation!

10. Crookshanks

Crookshanks

Holy lord... that T Bird cover is bitchin'. You still got it??

11. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Ya I still got it. I've been researching some of these parts and apparently there were only 275 tbirds ever built with the 390 tri power (m code cars for 61-62). Holy crap! That's a rare little bugger. Galaxies were offered with a tri power and the air cleaner looked the same but didn't have the tbird logo on it...

Hey Tman- I am going to save some gauges and a tach and maybe some other parts for the HAMB-B-Q Save the Salt raffle at speed week. If there's anything you see that you think would be perfect raffle prizes let me know.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  12. aidanfancystang

aidanfancystang
    from calgary

any way at all to find out if the elcamino is still around?

13. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

I should be there tomorrow and i can check on the elcamino..it is a 66-67 the fenders have 396 emblems if i remember right...its missing a few [parts but i will look around for whats missing if it is still available...

Big mac old timer Al wants the pontiac.. So it should have a new home

14. silversink

silversink

needs a Motorhome frame with a rollback tow bed

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Blows my mind that people are crying the blues about the panel, and no-one except for Tony and I give a shit about scrapping a 331 core. And this is supposed to be a hot rod site??

I keep hearing about this mythical land where early hemi cores are only worth scrap value. Sure as hell isnt anywhere near the NW...

16. Sounds great!

Wow, on the Tbird part!

17. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

What's it worth to you? There's two of them there. I'll go get them both for you tomorrow.

18. It is a 66 - 396. I don't remember seeing the hood and the interior is gone. Basically a chassis and shell.

19. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

I would be shocked if the hood wasn't upstairs somewhere in the stacks of hoods....

20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

If you were a little closer, I would take you up on that. Chryslers are big $$ up here.

21. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

So you don't want them either? Nobody want's these things? Maybe they're not worth anything... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

You seem a little slow to grasp this, so lets put some numbers to it. I understand you arent really good at math, or you wouldn't have responded that way, so I'll go slow. According to google maps, you are located 982 miles from me, one way. So thats 1964 miles return, divide that by 15 MPG, times $4 per gallon, and we get $523. Now I cant drive 2000 miles return straight through, so we'll add another $100 per night for hotels, so that makes it, hmmm, lemme see, two hemis have cost me $823 so far, Thats and I haven't paid you yet. Gonna give 'em to me? See and raise...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

23. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

So what you're saying is..... they aren't worth it. Yup, that's where we started. I may be slow at math, but I'm smart enough to know that if nobody wants something it doesn't have any value. I don't want them, nobody around here wants them, even you far away die hard hemi lovers in "the land where stuck industrial hemi blocks bring big $$" don't want them bad enough to make the trip. So, despite all your fancy mathematics, we come to the same conclusion: nobody wants them. Value = scrap.

I too checked your location on google maps. It says your head is directly up your ass. See and raise.... :p

24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

So your not gonna give 'em away??:p:rolleyes:It sure would be if I was gonna spend $800+ to come pick those motors up, + $300 each for your trouble...:p:rolleyes:

25. C'mon fellas, we're on the same team aren't we? "lighten up, Francis"

26. I'm looking for some parts for my 1960 Pontiac Star Chief if you happen to come across any of those. Let me know

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I thought we were both keeping it pretty "tongue-in-cheek"? Just jacking around, right? Right???:eek::D

Seriously, I am out of work right now, so its a non-starter, I couldn't come up with the cash to make the trip if I wanted to.

28. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Tell you what..... I will give them to you if you make the drive. I would think you're a crazy canadian for doing that, but hey, maybe you're one of those hockey players that's been conked on the head a few too many times, eh?

Since you're signature warned me beforehand that you might be a little sarcastic, I didn't take anything you said serious. Hope you did the same. All in fun....

29. So what is a VERY used (or was it just well patina'd?:D) 331 industrial truck core worth there? Just curious...

30. Ruiner

Ruiner

This is amazing...hopefully the scrapper takes initiative to earn much more than what he's being paid to sell everything at swap meets or on eBay...I know I couldn't do his job without keeping damned near everything I was being paid to scrap out...I'm just glad you guys got a chance to save some of this stuff...any chance there was some big block Dodge parts floating around out there?...