Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Newbie

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Davkin, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

Hello,

I'm a hot rod newbie from the Salt Lake City, Utah area. I don't currently own a traditional hot rod but plan on starting to build one this summer and that's why I joined this message forum, I have a lot to learn. I have rebuilt a '64 El Camino and learned a lot about what not to do and it ended up sitting forelorn on the side of the garage a whole heck of a lot more than being driven. I've come to the conclusion that I did such a hack job on it that the parts I can pull from it to use for a hot rod project are worth more to me than what I can sell it for, so this summer the Elky will get dismantled and sacrificed to the hot rod gods. My budget is extremely tight so my guess is I'll be building an RPU, those bodies seem to still be relatively easy to find at a reasonable price.

Anyway, I look foward to learning as much as I can from the great group of experienced and talented hot rodders here on the HAMB.

David

2. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

Welcome man, good to see some SLC rodders.. My aunts live up in there, one in the uptown side of SLC and the other in Heber.. Hate it there, rednecks shot at me and got some pellets in a 56 chevy.. Not mine, but damn.
    Anyway, welcome again.