Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage HOT ROD HILL CLIMB 2016 WHEN?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mike in tucson, Jan 6, 2016.

1. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

Duh, I know it is in 2016. Did I miss the announcement of the dates for the HRH for 2016? We want to plan our trip but kinda need a date for that.

Also, if Georgetown is 8500 ft elevation, what do people do regarding jetting of their Strombergs? When I lived at 9500 ft, I used the rule of thumb of 20% less than stock for a holley 4bbl and for Mikunis. IF a new Stromberg is a 45main, what is a good starting point?

Thanks, Mike in Tucson

2. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

My Wife is all excited about the Hillclimb this year. she has been checking their website to see. Nothing yet as far as I know. I was curious about the jetting also. I shouldn't have too much trouble being I am coming from about 6000 feet here in Cheyoming.

3. V8RPU

V8RPU
    from Nor Cal

I ran my roadster with 2 97s on a Thichstun PM-7. Was jetted for sea level, elevation at home in Sacramento is 8 feet. Ran fine, started fine, pulled the hill and the reliability run in good shape. It did feel a little down on power.

4. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

Thanks V8RPU, that is good info. That is consistent with what we saw in the old days taking our dirt bikes to the mountains...... ran but seemed sluggish. Rejetting didn't get full power back because of the air density but it did help.
    Mike

5. September 16-18, 2016
    Read more here....