Register now to get rid of these ads!

HOT ROD FLATZ warning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DetroitBilt50, May 22, 2006.

1. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

well, now that its said and done, i realize its mostly my fault, but i had a amateur painter screw up flattened black pretty bad. it was that hot rod flatz offered by a online paint shop. i had a so-called painter spray it on for me yesterday { in a booth/w a stata gun}and he sprayed it on way too dry. it looks like painted black 60 grit, here and there.what i realized after was he sprayed it on like a base coat. i even have zebra stripes on the hood! i guess my warning is that hot rod flatz is sure not a base, without clear, like i should have realized. it needs to be flooded on like enamel that it is.

2. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I've used tons of this stuff and it worked for me. The only thing I don't like, is that it could be little flatter straight out of the can but I just added extra flattener, to make it work.

3. AHotRod

AHotRod

How much do you thin it ?

4. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

Its a pretty basic mix to make that stuff work...

Maybe he mixed it wrong.

5. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

Sounds like the wrong speed of reducer. Reducer speed too fast/air temp too high= drying in mid air and a gritty surface.