Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Flatz, PPG Omni, or??? painting my truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lotus, Nov 1, 2010.

1. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

My truck is in a friends shop right now. We are going to weld up some holes/do some bodywork and I have tracked down what I want for the truck but need to know what brand of paint i should go with and where to buy.

Currently the truck is Hot Rod Flatz Burnt Orange and white on the outside and Champaign and black on the inside.
    [​IMG]

I am wanting to go with the Copper Pearl and Hot rod black. Everything orange would be Copper Pearl and everything on the inside would be Copper Pearl.
    [​IMG]

The white grill and white cab and door inserts would be hot rod black.
    [​IMG]

I have a black carpet kit, black gauges, and will have a solid black diamond tuck seat.

So, should we go with the Hot Rod Flatz? If not, then what? Is the Hot Rod Flatz really PPG Omni paint?

2. JoeNational

JoeNational
    from nc

I just painted my 31 with the Copper Pearl and it looks friggen awesome... Especially in the son and very easy to shoot... Just look up my name and see pictures of it in my "My first paint job" thread.

Good luck...

3. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

your car looks great and props for being in NC! Wish i was in NC....I am from the Bladenboro area originally.

4. JoeNational

JoeNational
    from nc

Thanks,

Ahhh... I'm from Brooklyn NY orginally lol... been down here for about 4 years now and love it.

5. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I have an idea. For the money you're going to spend on paint - gloss would look real nice.

6. JoeNational

JoeNational
    from nc

The HRF is actually 30% gloss...fyi..

7. squirrel

squirrel

Halloween was yesterday?

orange/copper colors go well with gloss white, they look a bit spooky next to black.