Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Flatz brown anyone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopperwolf, Dec 13, 2011.

1. chopperwolf

chopperwolf

Does anyone have pics of cars painted with the Hot Rod Flatz olive drab brown?

2. cederholm

cederholm

I'm no help with that specific color but wanting to do a satin version of my stock color, I contacted tcp global. They said the effect I wanted could be achieved by spraying Hot Rod Flatz clear over any of their urethane base colors. (they sell the hot rod flatz)

This open my eyes to a greater range of colors then the hot rod flatz line of colors.

You might know this, and I'm sure the pros are thinking "no shit" but if was helpful to me.

I picked up a quart of color, mixed to match my stock color, and a quart of flat to shoot some test panels. Very happy with the results on the test panels - now to screw up the car itself.

~ Carl

3. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

That is a sweet color....

4. dirtydixon

dirtydixon

^ That truck look awesome. I like black in the grill and the scallop style paint accents tie it in nice.

5. Like this?

Attached Files:

6. chopperwolf

chopperwolf

Flathead Is that the brown or the orange?
    Yes, more like oldschool.

7. No idea, not mine, took it at VLV in 2006, I believe its owned by someone on here....I know Sean at Fat Luckys did the interior, PM him, he may be able to point you in the owners direction.

8. Gator

Gator

That's not OD Brown, it's satin copper pearl, like my Shoebox; pretty color though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Its brown-ish! Hahaha

10. This is the olive drab brown by HRF's I think he means.

Attached Files:

little red 50 likes this.