Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ****Hot Rod Fall Out VI**** Oct 8th- Glastonbury,CT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 100% Matt, Aug 8, 2011.

1. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i've been that way a bunch. so it's really just a matter of how i want to go. i like to avoid the interstates just cuz. the car will do it fine, but it isnt as fun.

2. Dave50

Dave50

. i like to avoid the interstates just cuz. the car will do it fine, but it isnt as fun. This is my opinion too. We`ll see what time does this show go to i may not beable to leave dirtyburg til 12 ish and its 2 1/2 hour ride for me and thats in the pick up hauling the mail if i rememeber right..<!-- / message -->

3. Paul B

Paul B

Matt, Monte refuses to fly. Says hes' going to take the bus from la jolla.Jaspers riding up by car

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of these days, I might need to make it to one of these. I hear I might know the dudes who run it.

5. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

dave, gates are at 10. if it's a nice day, and it should be, people will be there til sundown anyway. matt might speak better to after hours type stuff.

6. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

I was thinking of taking Route 44, then getting on 83 south. Does that make sense? Probably go Route 20 to 19s to 32s. to 44. That's how we use to go to Road Agents.

7. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Dave, Googlemaps says 1 hour 40 minutes from Holden, via Mass Pike and 84. Probably take 2 hours on the back roads.

8. Fordtudor37

Fordtudor37

Save this number if you find you need help on the road, 860-303-6757.
    I'm in Lisbon, CT near Route 138, Route 169, Exit 83 - 84 off I-395.
    Trying to get my car back together to make the show !

9. 100% Matt

100% Matt

The weather is looking absolutely beautiful for Saturday:). For those of you coming to the show for the first time. Glastonbury is one town over from East Hartford(former home of the Road Agents show)

Gates are @ 10am this year I suspect we will see the show wined down around 6. We cut back the number of bands to 4 to keep the focus on the "car show" and less on a "lifestyle" show. Hoping to deter the people that just come to party as well. The late night drunk babysitting the last few years was a pain in the butt lol

10. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

agreed on the weather!! it's going to be great!

As for those looking for routes from Mass:

Dave50: Since you're coming from Fitchburg: You can take 395 down to Putnam and take route 44 straight through putnam/woodstock/ashford/mansfield/and coventry CT. At the end of 44 it turns into 384 which runs right into Hartford/Manchester area. You'll have to google directions from 384 to the elks club pavillion but its quite easy. 384 is a quiet expressway and its much nicer than I-84. On top of that the drive down 44 is a nice one!

You could also take 395 down to danielson and get on route 6. take route 6 into Willimantic and jump on route 66 which will take you through hebron and into Marlborough. When you're coming through willimantic there will be a stop light with a stop & shop on your right and a BIG old cemetery on your left with an OLD iron fence. the road will "V" with a gas station in front of you. Take a left at that 'V" and head down 66. If you pass a Mackey's Agway on your right up-ahead (about a 1/4 mile) then you know you're on the right road. If you pass the jeep/Dodge dealership on your left then you're on route 32, not 66. Take the little road next to the dodge dealership and it will put you right back out onto 66 where you need to be. Take 66 for a long while until you come into Marlborough. In the center of Marlborough you can jump on Route 2 (towards hartford/glastonbury) and the entrance ramp should be on your right if you're coming from the willimantic area. The glastonbury exits should be a few miles up. very easy. Its a nice drive down 6/66 too and probably the easiest, most direct route. The onyl highway you'll have to take is 395 down to danielson/putnam area. If you take 6 to 66 its a nice, backroad type of drive.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  11. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

We will be leaving from Willimantic on Saturday morning with our car. if you want to meet in willimantic you can follow us from there if anyone needs to.

12. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Gonna try to make it...my in-laws are coming out for lunch & to go to farm stands and stuff...I'll have to OK it with the wife. Gotta keep the Peace you know!!!! The 395 route sounds good ???

13. Dave50

Dave50

Thanks General, Farmergirl, and 327-365 and bad penny Idk what i am doing yet i had trouble yetserday with the coupe the Main 2 carbs wont it wont run it, it starts and goes high idle and then quits . I have taken them all apart and cleaned them thoroughly they were new kits a month ago i think the fuel is causing problems with the leather gaskets etc. I just havent figured it out spent til 10 lastnight going over everything! Getting frustrated... It pumps fule to the carb and to the needle and seat fills the bowl but it wont pump out the bowl and theres no reason for it that i can see or figure :mad::mad: I slpet on it and still nothing i was going to make a post but i should beable to figure this out.. gessh i do this for a living :eek:. Just cant seem to figure this out. Anyway back to topic I will most likely be there either way but want to drive the coupe there thats what its all baout i like driving it not really showing it lol So i will let you guys and girls know asap still here working on it. I better order a couple kits now just in case. I am going to try to talk to littleman or goatroper if i can.

14. csimonds

csimonds

Let's bump this back to the top! I am wicked excited for this show, always a great time!
    Chuck

15. onearmbandit

onearmbandit

2 Days to go!! Perfect weather and a shit load of cars from all over the northeast!!
    [​IMG]

16. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Great show...I can't wait!!! :D

17. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Got the OK from the "BOSS"....weather's gonna be perfect. Hope to see all you HAMBers there...who's going ????

18. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Is the "BOSS" gonna let you wear your balls out...or is she keepin them in her purse til you get home??? :D

19. Paul B

Paul B

Monte is in Terra Haute, Jasper be here Friday night. Keith go easy on Bp,

20. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Someone's gotta help guide these kids out of harms way!! ;):D

21. slim tempo

slim tempo

I don't have spider webs or billet stuff on my '62 but I do have plastic dog poo on the roof. And vomit on the hood. Not the fake plastic vomit stuff but the real thing. Can I still come?

22. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

we will be there whenever we get there haha. Farm chores and such tend to make us late to everything. Have plans to leave here at 9am but in truth, that probably means 10. ahaha. Ol' Betty will be our chariot for this year's event. See everyone and their cars in 2 days!!

23. Anyone from up my way that can pick up something for me? I gotta work.

24. Dave50

Dave50

I can do it for you 56 IDK if ill be in the coupe yet but i will drive down in the pick up if I dont get the coupe running. Can you believe NOBODY on the east coast has stromberg parts in stock! Geesh i may ask about a dealer inquiry. Let me know if i can do something for you.

25. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Did you try Napa for those carb parts? That's where I've gotten all mine without a problem not long ago. They didn't have them in the store I use, but got them for the next day. People forget about Napa, but they kick butt!!

26. Dave50

Dave50

I never thought they would have them or even know what they where lol

27. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

No, I won't have them with me. My pants fit much better without them anyhow. Leaves more room for the rest of me down there!!!!!:D

28. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

HAHAHA...your hands don't count!! :D

...catch you guys there!

29. Thanks!PM on the way.

30. Rocknthehawk

Rocknthehawk

its my birthday saturday....I might try coming down around noon. (even though I couldn't show my 66)