Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Deluxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yblock292, Nov 9, 2007.

1. dmw56

dmw56

He probably used the "Search" function! OMG

2. They are now offering subscriptions.

3. ...the subs aren't much of a deal pricewise, I'll continue to get it at the stores, at least you get a copy in good cond. that way.

4. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Is Garage magazine still going? I haven't been able to find a new issue in about 6 months.

5. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

They say that the issues are going to be coming in a sealed plastic bag so that you get them in mint condition.

6. One of HRD's goals is to keep advertising to a minimum, unlike most of the others.
    The trade-off is they will not be able to discount their sub. prices. You can't have both....
    Still one of the best IMO.....

7. Yeah, but for some people, fing a place that sells it is a challenge. I didn't expect them to offer $12 subs and am actually surprised they offered them at all, given their steadfast opposition in the past. Good for them. I love this magazine.

And I hope they don't change a thing.

8. skoh73

skoh73

I do really like the magazine, and I saw in the latest issue that there are finally subscriptions- but this is a pretty outlandish price for 6 issues (and not really any difference in price from the stand). The great thing about this 'zine is that they raid the Petersen vaults for amazing stuff. I really don't mind the advertising in R+C and Street Rodder and I get a great deal on the subscriptions.

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great magazine, Stop & Shop carries it here.

10. Muttley

Muttley

I get mine at the 7-11 down the street, it gives me a good excuse to stop in a grab a Slurpee once in a while.

11. Word on the street is its dead again. Jesse is on the board and lurks alot but hasn't posted since his personal termoil in the tabloids.-Weeks

12. They are really breaking new ground with this publication with so little ad space. The vast Petersen archives give them plenty of material with no acquisition expense. I like it.

13. slammed

slammed

Have you seen what the Spring of 2008 issue's are going for? The first 5 for that matter.