Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Company Gas Tanks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cannuk, Aug 1, 2012.

1. cannuk

cannuk

Got an email back from the hotrod company saying its a 6 to 8 month wait for one of there tanks !! What to to hell ,wonder if there tanks are made overseas now??? and ya i know there an alliance vendor Anyone else had this wait,sure would like one

2. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Just looking at their website delivery time seems to vary according to the tank you require. But in weeks not months.
    For example;
    NOTE** Tanks may take up to 2-6 weeks for delivery. Brackets and caps are sold separately. Made in USA.

I also detect that there maybe a play on words regarding the MADE IN USA thing, I am starting to think that maybe only the caps and brackets are USA made!!!

3. onedge

onedge

Just ask them for sure before you order. US or not? I'm in the market for a tank too. I'll end fixin what I have though. I think anyway.

4. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The tanks made for the Hot Rod Company are not made overseas.

I have one of their tanks and it also took that long to get. Well worth the wait! They are VERY well made and from what I understand, the reason it takes so long is because there is one person making those T tanks. They are soldered and are very authentic. Just put your order in and wait. All you can do.

Sometimes, good quality parts just take longer to make. Especially when they're not mass-produced overseas.

5. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Boy that is a relief to know they are made so well locally.

6. side_valve

side_valve
    Alliance Vendor

Yes, they are all hand made in the USA by one man.

7. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

I couldn't wait that long, I bought my T tank from Langs, super quality, decent price, nice straps. Had it in three days!

8. jazz1

jazz1

or just make your own,,,,bend some tin and weld the seams,,way cheaper. I used 14 ga. steel,,it will outlive me. I looked at fuel cells,,there were some reasonably priced but I could not find the dimensions I was after and my truck being an IHC the only aftermarket tank is $500!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  9. Muttley

Muttley

Yes, they are very nice quality, I had one in my old Pickup and was very happy with it.