Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot Rod Breakfast & food for thought

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 22, 2018.

1. He was in the off topic Maverick. HRP

CudaChick1968, 3W JOHN and 26hotrod like this.
  2. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Friendships are a rarity these days. It seems there is no age limit when it involves old cars and hot rods. I also enjoy your posts and comments on the HAMB so keep them coming...….

3. deadbeat

deadbeat

Thanks guys for explaining the whole biscuits and gravy, does sound awesome and yes down here they are a cookie. However one thing we do have in common is the bond we share with other car guys, especially old cars. But me being an ex Australian living in New Zealand, the folk down here are extremely friendly and helpful and would give you the shirt off their back. One day soon we will try B&G for ourselves up there. Cheers

4. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Even if Danny had a camera he wouldn't show a car like the maverick.

5. Biscuits and gravy...... piceRB3F1.jpg

6. Now I'm hungry, lay on the black pepper. HRP

7. deadbeat

deadbeat

wow that looks better than I thought it would,,, cheers

8. missysdad1

missysdad1

You have just reminded me of something that I have wanted to do for a very long time and that is to start a hot rod breakfast in my area. At one time there was a Sunday morning gathering at a local donut shop but it was so bloody early that nobody ever went more than a time or two. I'm thinking a leisurely 10 o'clock breakfast at one of our local restaurants might be a really great idea in the winter time especially. The weather is usually good enough to drive roadsters. I think this would be a great way for us to gather. I'll work on it. Thanks for the idea hrp.

Sent from my SM-J320V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  9. There use to be several open invitation breakfast hot rod gatherings around this area but eventually they died off but you are right the winter is a ideal time to try it.

Our club does this a few times a year and we have had as many as 20 people show up and and the last one there were only 8 of us but we always have a good time and to my knowledge ALL HOT ROD & CUSTOM guys like to eat. HRP

10. replace that ham with sausage and you'll really be in heaven...just finished mine for the day..now its nappy time...

deadbeat likes this.
  11. There's a few of us Maryland HAMBsters that try to get together for lunch on the third Thursday of each month. We try to rotate the location to some degree so nobody winds up too far away to attend. Everyone is welcome and there's usually some spirited conversation and before we leave, we take suggestions and vote on where to be the next month. Breakfast might possibly be too early for some of us retired guys!:eek:.........Group photo by: Tom. MD Hambers Lunch.jpg 20180816_104629.jpg ......... 13240074_1091697414209102_7743710150284606334_n.jpg 13686654_1123191031059740_4387704512711176402_n.jpg 11202014.jpg

12. ...........I know you Texas guys don't understand country ham. It's just not the same when it's made from Wild Boar!:D;)

13. Make your self a trip to East Texas...I see wild boars dead on the side of the road..some guys trap them out in the woods...Me? I'll pass and buy from the butcher

14. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

When in Mentone CA,, it's Arthur's but get there early and you wont want lunch.
    And we have started carrying the new small battery jumper, the size of paper back book (book- a thing full of sheets of paper with black ink smeared on that will look like words on a computer screen, but doesn't run out of battery for the younger crowd). They have a great charge and will spin a bus, so the ad says.

HOTRODPRIMER and tb33anda3rd like this.
  15. 34Larry

34Larry

Truer words were never spoken HPP, and it doesn't just pertain to hot rod comradery. Salmon and Steelhead fishing here in the NW draws a fanaticism following. I meet with my bunch of old crony fishing buds from back in the 60's, (only 8/10 left now), at breakfast also and always come away feeling like you do leaving your gathering. Thanks for mentioning your feelings, I do the same, and do it quite often these days as more and more of my friends leave us.

16. Speaking of fishing, I bought a lifetime fishing & hunting license when I turned 64 and I haven't been hunting or wet a hook since,that's been 4 years ago and I'm starting to feel like I wasted 9 bucks! :D HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. manyolcars

manyolcars

You are no help.:) Those people think a cracker is a biscuit

deadbeat and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  18. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

Whutz a sell fone?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. deadbeat

deadbeat

For me down here I am extremely lucky because although there are only just over 4 million people in 2 islands, a lot of folk have old car knowledge, especially in the rural areas. When we hit the road there is a car guy willing to get us back on the road ,a bed, a shower or whatever we need to get us going again just a phone call away. Kiwi hospitality. Cheers

20. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Once car show/ cruising / cross country trip season ends our group gets together the first Friday each month for dinner and B Sing and the 3rd Sunday for breakfast and updates on each other’s health issues:rolleyes: along with other pertinent info.
    By late winter into early spring the conversation shifts to where we may like to wander the upcoming season along with even more info on aching joints,eyesight issues and upcoming doctor visits. :confused::eek:;) , almost forgot , memory issues.:rolleyes:
    We seem to spend as much or more time with our car family as we do with our own families, I’m thankful to be a part of such a bunch that I call friends.

21. Compression ratio and cam lift and duration discussions sadly turn to cholesterol counts and blood sugar numbers. This "getting old thing" is not all it's cracked up to be.:(

i.rant, deadbeat, tb33anda3rd and 2 others like this.
  22. Old age ain't for sissys! :D HRP

23. BJR

BJR

Does your cell phone have a rotary dial and use film in the camera? Is your cell number two longs and one short?

24. John Starr

John Starr

Of all the things I fondly remember from my years growing up in the south, my mom’s biscuits and gravy is near the top of the list.

wbrw32, lothiandon1940 and deadbeat like this.
  25. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Flo's at the Chino Airport is near the top of the list in So Cal. I always stop at Tommy's in Castaic when traveling north on the 5 in the AM. Zeke's in Ontario off of 4th street isn't bad either...

26. There's a group of us that meets every Saturday morning at 9 for breakfast. Hot rods of some type during the season, daily drivers in snow time. Sometimes 4, sometimes 8-10 guys. Always fun.
    Looking for the next guy that orders soft poached eggs on toast!

27. Again, if I had a cell phone that takes photo's I wound not post a car that is off topic. HRP

28. My phone at my cabin is one long, and one short. The last four digits are "1932". Going to keep the party line, and that number for a while.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.