Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Barbeque, Year 5: Attention Minnesota and Surrounding States HAMBers!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koachwerks, Jul 18, 2007.

1. koachwerks

koachwerks

It's now mid summer and that means it's time to officially announce Hot Rod Barbeque, Year 5.

Where: 10550 Beard Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55431
    Date: Saturday September 8
    Time: 3:00 PM - ?
    What we will provide: Main course of smoked pork and brisket (painstakingly smoked by my older brother), ice cold beer, soft drinks, bottled water and coffee.
    What to bring: Side dish to share (not required but appreciated) and a lawn chair.
    Cost: Nothing
    Web: www.hotrodbarbeque.com It's nothing more than a homepage right now but it is being updated.

The Hot Rod Barbeque is a free event that my wife Thelma and I host at our house. The barbeque is open to any year and make of vehicle. All types of transportation is welcome. We've get cars, motorcycles, boats, fire engines...

If all goes as planned we will have an art show featuring local artists and pinstripers. Names to be announced.

If you would like to have me snail mail you a postcard send me your address.

Hope you can make it!

Chris

2. Bitchin', I'll be there and try to get as many club members to come along as I can.

3. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Printed up the invite, Sounds good

4. koachwerks

koachwerks

Thanks Norrie and ZZ.

5. Stevie D

Stevie D

I got my invite in the mail.Hey i talked to Scotch he's comming and bringing the chili i think.Come on wheres the other hambers you know how you are BBT50's this year.HAMB meet and greet

6. koachwerks

koachwerks

Glad the invite made it to you Stevie. Did Scotch finish his wagon yet? He was talking about having it ready to bring to the BBQ

7. Scotch

Scotch

My goal is to DEBUT the wagon at the BBQ!

I hope I can pull it off!

Maybe if I can get Stevie D to work on it with me, we'll make it!

I will be bringing the kick-ass chili again, and I'm hoping there's some other folks who will be bringing their 'signature' dishes too (hint hint hint)

Remember - it's not a competition about whose food is hotter...anyone can add more cayenne pepper...it's about whose food is BETTER...!!!! heh heh

Seriously - you MN guys should head out to this deal, it's kick ass.

Where's that Cafe Racer guy?? I need to meet him.

~Scotch~

8. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

That Cafe Racer guy will be ther for sure. :)

Sounds like you guys cook up some hot dishes. :eek: That kind of stuff gives me the winds something fierce, but I'll surely bring a whole load of BBQ Smokies sausages, as that's one of the staples of my diet. :cool:

I wish I could get the 34' there for this one, but it'll still be in pieces. :(

Looking forward to meeting Scotch, Koach, and everyone else there!

9. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

Oh, and Koach, thanks in advance for hosting this gathering! I've heard nothing but good things from others that have been there. Sounds like it will be a BLAST!

10. koachwerks

koachwerks

Thanks Cafe, and you're welcome too. No worries about not getting you're 34 over here, well, as long as you bring those lil' smokies! Remember, there will always be next year to shoot for.

11. koachwerks

koachwerks

12. towaholic

towaholic
    from Rogers, mn

Just a newbie here but my 50 chev is on track to be at the messaround and maybe my 54 INT. anybody going to be there? maybe meet a few of you there?

13. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

Won't be going to the messaround, but don't live too far from you. :thumbup:

14. Ruiner

Ruiner

I'll be there with my Hot Rod Gumbo and maybe some of my pinstriped stuff...I can't wait...

15. koachwerks

koachwerks

Right on man. Looking forward to seeing some of your new lines. And this time I need to grab some of your gumbo for leftovers!

16. Stevie D

Stevie D

Gumbo yea Gumbo ,If i remember right mrs koach was telling thanks to jonny about the house smelling like hot peppers.Oh yea gotta help scotch on the wagon now that theres more women in the house down there.And low and behold i think i heard mrs scotch will be comming to the BBQ no way i mean heerow.Yea gotta talk to the wife to find out what we are bringing.I,m working on the pinstipe hopfully i'll have something there.And yea i know there's more out there that want to come to the BBQ come on step up.

17. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

I WILL be there this year.
    I'm hoping to not have any of the "social issues" that impaired my visit last year.:D

Now the question will be which tur...I mean ride to bring.:D

This should be one to not miss. Chris is a heck'uva nice guy and an excellent host from everything I've heard about the previous BBQS.

Towaholic- I'll be at the Messaround for sure. Those guys from Lucky Bastards put on a really nice show last year- we all had a really good time.
    You should look for some of us guys there. Get to know more of the locals on the Traditional Hotrod Enthusiasts Co-op. Good place to network with the MN guys.
    Address is in my signature.

Also-like Jamal said thanks again for hosting, Chris.

Jay

18. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

I like this thread. Good to see some people in here that I don't get the chance to talk to much anymore unfortunately. :)

Jay and Johnny, lookin forward to seeing ya at the BBQ!

19. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

Jamal-
    How come you're not going to the Messsaround?

I agree tho- will be good to see some of the locals. We could use a good group get-together.

I haven't seen Johnny in a while- let alone ate food he cooked.:D

SHould be a good time.

JAy

20. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

Long story about the reason for not making it to messaround.

Definitely should be a time though. :cool: I hear Johnny makes a mean gumbo. :eek:

21. koachwerks

koachwerks

Jay,

I'm hoping there are no "social issues" for you this year too. Not sure what they were but they must have been pretty bad to keep you from going to a BBQ with free beer!

Johnny's gumbo is REAL good. He came over the day before last years BBQ to help get things set up and start cooking the gumbo. And yes Stevie, Thelma was appreciative of the smell of peppers in the morning. Scotch's chili is one not to miss too. It has just the right amount kick to it. Oh, and my brother is already getting some of the sauces ready for the BBQ. Maybe next year we'll have some available for sale.

I saw Johnny just last Friday at, of all places, the Eden Prarie Mall food court. Did you find Dick Blick Johnny?

Anyways, I'm already getting the house and yard ready for the BBQ. It's a ton of work running this thing and I want to make sure I can get as much done now so that I'm not scrambling all over the place and miss visiting with all of you.

Chris

22. Stevie D

Stevie D

Come on there is gotta be more people going to this. It's a good time and it's the almost last horray of the summer.

23. koachwerks

koachwerks

Hey Stevie, maybe they are coming but they want to make it a surprise so they aren't telling us!

24. Ruiner

Ruiner

Chris, can i commandeer your kitchen again the night before? i already started getting my ingredients together, t-minus 12 days until gumbo and chili and bbq...mmmm

25. koachwerks

koachwerks

No problem Johny. Heck, just for you we'll even have the pre-bbq fire Friday night as well.

We had a minor setback this morning with the storm but we'll be ready to go. Bryon already has about 70 pounds of pork, chicken and brisket smoked and is now working on the sauces.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Bull

Bull

Wish I could make to this shindig, but I'll be in Park Rapids at the MSRA Fall Campout that weekend. It's an annual can't miss deal for my family and I. Hope you have a great turnout.

27. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Heard there was some ruff weather in Bloomington last night, time for the chainsaw

Glad it didn't get the house. I'll be there with her bean creation, it's getting closer.

28. koachwerks

koachwerks

Is the campout always the weekend after Labor Day?

You going to be at the Messaround?

29. koachwerks

koachwerks

The one branch did hit the house, then slid off. Thankfully there was only minor damage to the corner of the roof.

30. Bull

Bull

Yep, The Fall Campout is always the weekend after Labor Day. You should consider moving the date of your BBQ and coming to the Campout. ;)

Yep, I'll be at the Messaround -- with or without my gray A Tudor.