Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod and the Throttlers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lurker mick, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Just checked out the new Hot Rod mag with a section on what they call retro rodding. Actually pretty cool with a great section on the Utah Throttlers. Nice work guys!
    Mick

2. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks That may be enough to pick up a copy again. I subscribed for 15+ years before letting it lapse.

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to pick up a copy too.

One day, if you ever take those fenders off, Hot Rod might decide to do a story on yours [​IMG] [​IMG]

xoxoxo

4. Denise, I had fenderless cars for twenty years and they never did a story on any of them, so they have lost their chance! [​IMG]
    xoxoxo back at ya!
    Mick

5. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Hey Mick, Check out the last issue of Camaro Performers. You'll see one on the Throttlers Camaros in their!!!

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!

Mike

6. Thanks I'll have to pick one up too. They build some pretty unique rides.

7. demonspeed

demonspeed

yea i got that yesterday too. very cool article . that shop they work in is awesome. one question for any throttlers on the board... how do you run that silver truck without the radiator? its really cool but i dont understand how that wouldnt overheat on the street? is it just a drag car or does the air keep it cool?

8. shortcut

shortcut
    from Utah

It's Deek's truck, but his computer rarely works so.... the radiator is in the bed. There have been a couple threads on his truck, search for "salt city special."

And he is hopefully done tonight re-building a good chunk of that truck,(and it looks rad) for the Autorama here in SLC. New color, suspension, winshield, among other improvements, but the radiator is still in the bed hidden. I'll try and get some pics and post them, and pics of Cory's truck which is now done as well.

9. Just got mine today. Lots of "Retro" stuff. Good words from Kirk too.

10. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Just got our copy today. Awsome, lots of good stuff, even has my brothers GTO in it.

11. Read mine last night. Great work by many folks here.

Great article on the Throttlers.

12. Muttley

Muttley

Got mine today, it's about time Hot-Rod has something worth reading again.:cool: