Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot August Nights rumor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod1940, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One of the great things about being old is the friends that you make and the contacts that feed you information. The latest rumor to hit my laptop is that there is a Barrett Jackson, Hot august nights car show in the works, in conjunction with the Reno auction that the Barrett Jackson team is debuting this year.

Hot August Nights has a new owner and his team is working closely with Barrett Jackson to bring a first class car show, with a competition for the best car in the country. The rumor also says that the purse for this show will be the biggest purse of all the car show competitions to date.

Scheduled are three days of shows with a cash winner for each of the three days. The finalists will come back Saturday for the final judging and the top prize. I haven't heard what the final prize will be, but it is planned to surpass any show purse currently. Any car owner wanting to compete for this prize watch for the latest news as we get it.
    Also rumored is that two old time traditional car builders will be part of the final judging team. Pete Chapouris and Bobby Alloway are two of the judges that are rumored to be part of the judging for this prestigious award.
    This judging is to be the first of what will become the top award in the country, to be known as '' The Legacy Cup.''

Hopefully they will have a few traditional rods there as well.

2. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

Hot August Nights still has the same owner...a new manager, but the same owner.
    I hope the rest of the rumours are true, as I attend HAN every year and the sheer nunber of high caliber cars is amazing.

3. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

That is absolutely the most annoying event ever conceived and now the biggest leach of the car hobby is to be involved …. Now I know for sure I will never go back to that pile of crap

4. You've lost me at "Barrett Jackson."

Willi

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

hahahahaha,I Love it.bring it on.this is the best time ,in the best place ,any gearhead could possibly have.there is so much going on everywhere in this town the auction is just an added attractraction,I live here,1 week is not enough to see everything .there is something for everybody,just not enough time to see it all.heads up, there's some bad ass street races,so I've been told.the weather is always on the warm side ,an it's 24 hr city,do'nt be scared.it's a kick ass good time

6. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

it gets to be more gold chain every year---lots of cannon fodder in the initials of that auction co. for the haters---wasn't this event moved to long beach ?

7. yeah it is a true rumor. i went to it last year and it is a gold chainer event during the day, and then at night is when all the fun happens with all of the real hot rod guys. Cruising streets, chillin at the bars downtown and in parking lots.

It is just during the day that can get boring, but at night time, me and a few buddies started crusing sierra and center streets and ended up getting about 30 cars or so to start cruising at like 1030 at night and it was a blast

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.