Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot 292 Inline

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bruce39, Jan 2, 2013.

1. bruce39

bruce39
    from florida

Hi I have a fresh build 292 inline. Upon running it to start break in,it over heats. I believe the engine is ok, it does what it's supposed to do.
    This engine does not have the bypass system from the pump to lower stat housing as most do. Seems to be some confusion on this issue.
    The pump is available,however the lower stat housing is something i'll have to find if needed.
    Anyone have any thoughts on this problem.. I do have pics. Thanks Bruce

2. 292belair

292belair

Mine does'nt have a bypass and never any heating probs.

3. fnla39

fnla39

What do you mean "lower stat housing is available if needed" are you running the comets housin on the block? Is it a new thermostat? Had an issue with a new thermostat being bad right outta the box. Take it out then try it. Are you running any type of fan? Did it do this before.

4. bruce39

bruce39
    from florida

As suggested i set the timing up,this helped alot. Don't know what a Comets housin is.No stat,but i do have a tested one. The bypass pump is available.The bypass housing is from GM or used,if needed. Have engine fan +electric. The engine is on a test stand. Temps are ok at the moment.I'll continue to run it.Thanks..

5. Normbc9

Normbc9

Timing? Water pump rotation? Right pump? Water way obstruction? This is probably going to take the process of elimination. But I lean towards an possible water way obstruction or cooling hose diameter adequacy. BUT... it is going to have to be done. Have you gone to www.inliners.org and asked on that site. There are a lot of inline folks on that site with a lot of good information.
    Normbc9

Attached Files: