Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Host Motel for TROG NJ?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by fourspd2quad, May 12, 2017.

1. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Also what other motels are recommended? Does anyone offer a weekend deal for Hambers?

2. .....................Not really sure what any of this has to do with the question posted by the OP.o_O:confused:

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  3. back up for the op.

lothianwilly71 likes this.

4. Pete

Pete

It's pretty much first come first serve. I'm pretty sure there is no HAMB connections.

5. The Starlux is the host hotel, but that's booked up way ahead of time, mostly by the guys that put on the show.

[​IMG]

ABONES and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. I stayed in The American Safari Motel when I went in 2013.
    5610 Ocean Ave, Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260
    (609) 522-0157

Walking distance from the Starlux.

Photo I took of the American Safari Motel parking lot '13
    [​IMG]

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Elrod

Elrod

No host hotel. No discounts for HAMB folks. (I'm an Oiler and I'm paying full price baby.)

Registration is across the street from the Starlux on Friday. The entrance to the beach is 13 blocks to the north of the Starlux. If you are staying any where in that area, you will have a good time!

See ya there!

thunderbirdesq likes this.
  8. keeeef

keeeef

Coming over from the UK for my first TROG. Booked to stay at the Jolly Roger Motel. Is it far from the action, anybody stayed there?

9. Pete

Pete

I just booked a room at the Aruba motel $99 a night. It's actually 1.6 miles up the road from the starlux towards the entrance to the beach.

10. Elrod

Elrod

keeeef: at the Jolly Roger,
    You are 1 mile (19 minute walk) south of the Friday racer Registration at the Starlux.
    You are 1.4 miles (28 minute walk) south of the Friday night chopper party at Binns motor inn.
    You are 2.2 miles (41 minute walk) south of the beach entrance for racing Saturday, Bonfire Saturday night and Racing again Sunday.

11. Elrod

Elrod

It's probably best to stay somewhere in this area. Beach entry is next to Splash Zone Water park. Racer registration is at the Starlux Hotel.

A good visual when looking at maps are the three piers sticking out in the yellow sand. Racing starts at the northern most pier and runs south. The area is enclosed by a fence, so the entry is near the north pier.

Wildwood Map.jpg

HotRodRyan likes this.
  12. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rooms on the island are filling up quick that's for sure. I had to scramble and ended up a little further from the action than I wanted to be. Booked a room at the Pyramid this morning.

13. keeeef

keeeef

Thanks Elrod much appreciated. Really looking forward to this event