Register now to get rid of these ads!

HORROR!5 days no power-27 crushed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SPEEDBARRONS, Dec 19, 2006.

1. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

Wind, trees no power, 5 days so far, a tree came thru the house and hit me on the head while watching t.v.......then another tree, WHACK! took out the rest of the stairs and decks. Underneath the mayhem is my never licenced 65 3.8 Jaguar saloon right hander. My old 27 ford race car was not so lucky, of course a story is no good without proof pictures

Attached Files:

2. At least you are OK, the T looks like an easy save.

3. mojo273

mojo273
    Member Emeritus

I hope your family and your head are makin it alright...............Sucks big time about your car...........(damn trees):mad:
    Charlie

4. Johnny Black

Johnny Black

I assume everyone is all right?:confused:

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. mojo273

mojo273
    Member Emeritus

BTW its amazing how that ford is holding that tree off the ground.....:eek:

6. greyone

greyone

Now that sucks! I guess no where is safe when the winds start to blow. I lost a car here in Florida during the hurricanes, wasn't registered so the old insurance company just shrugged! Glad you and yours are OK.

7. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

We all made out ok, but I was looking forward to killing people for gasoline for our cars and generator, Road Warrior....what a great movie

8. LB+1

LB+1
    from 71292

Any body that would leave a T out side - that old jag under
    the carport !? lb+1

9. Lucky77

Lucky77

Oh man, seeing that T makes me feel worse for you than the poor guy who got his front tooth knocked out with the grinder a few posts back. Hope you guys are okay and it looks pretty savageable from the photo.

10. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

It was great, what an epic....drained all the gas from my motorcycles then from the hotrods, burned a 50 foot tree so far

11. 1/2done

1/2done
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

My shitty day doesn't seem so bad now. I'm glad everyone is OK.

12. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Still looks fixable to me. Does it look like the T can be pulled away from the tree before the tree is cut up?

13. glad your ok-soory bout your t

14. Blue

Blue

:( Shite! Glad to hear nobody was hurt.

Damn trees are dangerous.! Did you know they're the number one cause of forest fires?:D

15. damnfingers

damnfingers

Went thru Katrina's winds here...I know exactly what you mean about killing for gasoline. We were without power for 8 days (other than generator) and gas was gold. Thankfully my son was able to bring some over from Florida after three days.

Is there anything you guys need?

16. Glad to hear you're ok.

I've been swamped with claims lately. This past month is killing me (I work for an insurance company). First the flooding, then 3 wind storms, then 3 feet of snowfall....fuck.

17. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

powers back on, adjusters coming out thurs, that old car was just something on the back burner, I'm gonna leave the tree on it for a conversation piece, nothings salvagable cept maybe part of the doors and hinges, just finished chopping a 27 sedan so there is hope

18. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

That T is in the right shape to make an InsaniTy out of it

19. MENACE

MENACE
    from PHOENIX AZ

Glad Everones Fine But A Shitty Way To Get Wood

20. Jake H.

Jake H.

That sucks. I feel fortunate now. We got power back within three days, and the only tree that fell was an old rotten one behind the house, hit the ground, nothin' else.

Now that we know you're not hurt, are you gonna' change your username to "Knothead"? Sorry, couldn't resist...

21. old beet

old beet

We were lucky, didn't lose power! But a tree fell on a 64 Stude Daytona that I just sold! No real damage, but it looked bad. I could fill a couple dump trucks with branches. Still about 200K without power, anda new storm on the way! About 12 dead from CO poisen, heatin with charcoal inside! Or a generator inside! I really feel lucky. Good luck.............OLDBEET

22. old beet

old beet

P S, the bank found my $3000 after 5 days...........OLDBEET

23. OLLIN

OLLIN

CUT up that f*ckin' tree and use it on the hot rod somehow. That would make for a cool story...

24. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Glad everyone is ok and the Jag survived.

25. Freq2002

Freq2002

Oh, I dunno, there's plenty of crazy bastages that could use the T still,... But yeah, if the Jag had bitten it I'd have to cry a lil bit.
    We lucked out here, not much damage considering, but we get winds here more often than most. Good luck with the clean up.

26. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

Up date: The tree'd T is untree'd, yanked it out and the tree came down a foot. yes the T has been sold

Attached Files:

27. haring

haring

Based on the title of this thread, I assumed 27 PEOPLE had been crushed, so by those standards, I guess things weren't too bad!

Sorry to hear about the damage. I'd hate to be without electricity for 5 days. The T doesn't look too bad, though. It's metal, and can be saved.

28. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

what is that "shrine" behind the T????:confused:

29. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

The shrine used to be in my old garage, it had a heavily chopped A truck on it. Now it has a Mark 7 torpedo on top, a sign advertising "see the monster garage bike" and an old glass 32 roadster race car sitting on a dragmaster frame. one of these days the shrine will be incorporated into another shop