Register now to get rid of these ads!

Horne? Cragar? 331 intake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48cad, Jun 28, 2012.

1. 48cad

48cad

Found this intake. No markings at all on it. Was told could be early Horne before he cast his name on it? Cragar with name ground off? No evidence of being altered at all. ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Probably just ground off. Great Find!

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that looks like an original HAMB intake. I've never seen a real one, but have a drawing of one on a T-shirt. looks just like that.

4. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

I am with Sledge. My guess is also a Cragar manifold with the name filed off. Horne put his name on there in a big, impressive script. When Cragar bought the molds they changed to their "standard logo" which was considerably smaller and simple. Basically a box with non discript, typeset lettering. Basically it would be a lot of work to remove the "Horne" and a few minutes with a file to remove the "Cragar."

As a collector of Cad speed stuff, not having a name drops the dollar value to me. All 3 versions (Horne #1, Cragar #2, no name #3) are the exact same manifold performance wise, came from the same mold. I have owned all 3 over the years. The money that they bring is ranked in the same order. (Only still have the Horne) Regardless, still a good find!

5. That's funny shit right there!
    I've read it on the internet. It must be true...

6. Stukka

Stukka
    from SoCal