Register now to get rid of these ads!

horn button

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Sep 13, 2011.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Where can I find the old style horn buttons that clamp around the steering column (1.5" OD, mid 30's Ford). Can't use one in steering wheel hub because I had to weld in an adaptor stub shaft that was splined for a u-joint.
    Looked @ The Hot Rod Company, no luck. The old standbys of my younger days such as Economy Auto and Western Auto, and a ton of independents are all gone.
    Dave

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

napa has em. I prefer to just stick them under the dash at arms reach.

3. yea they are just a standard parts house piece. NAPA like pete joe said is a good place to find one.

This is probably bad advice but I normally use a standard sparter push button and wire mine direct without a relay. I don't spend a lot of time honking my horn usually only use to for inspection. Horn honking can get you shot in KC.

4. Not sure it's what you're looking for DOM, but you can get generic horn buttons from JC Whitney or Night Prowlers...

[​IMG]