Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hope you’re not tired of Hill Climb ’17 Photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, Sep 24, 2017.

1. I took a lot of ‘spectator’ pictures at the Hot Rod Hill Climb in Central City. Thanks to Mike, Amy. St. Nick and the whole crew for the time and energy you all put into this amazing event!

My wife, son and I arrived in Blackhawk Thursday afternoon. Here are some of the cars at the hotel that first night.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

2. Attached Files:

• 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      321.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  3. Special delivery...

HAMB members use the event as an opportunity to deliver this coupe from one owner to another.

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

4. Friday we went to Idaho Springs but I took several pics of cars around Central City, during set up and others out on the reliability run...

IMG_0451.jpg

030.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

5. 041.jpg 036.jpg

039.jpg

038.jpg

047.jpg

043.jpg

042.jpg

044.jpg

6. Friday night, we were awaiting word of wandering wild man, Larry, @safari-wagon and our pals from the Singlerfinger Speed Shop crew. They ‘had a little problem’ just outside Denver, Thursday eve.

IMG_1296.JPG

Back in the hotel garage...
    I like the contrast of a contemporary (pre-aluminum) F-150 and the A-bone RPU. ( and red &green)
    048.jpg

049.jpg

051.jpg

050.jpg

7. My Saturday coverage will be posted in the morning. Cheers HAMBers!!!

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you for the appetizer. Good eye for art @Jigger and that is no surprise...;)

Jigger and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  9. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

10. Thanks a ton Stogy!

11. RDE

RDE

Thanks Jigger!

Jigger likes this.
  12. Thank YOU ! Thanks for your service RDE.

13. Saturday morning, the air was brisk but comfortable. A light jacket did the trick. So I got up early and set off to meet fellow HAMB artist and photographer extraordinaire, ( there were several of those moving about), Mike Rogers.

Cars were filing onto Main Street amidst a light sprinkle from the grey clouds above. The mountains! Wrangling the b asks was a familiar face to many, Mr. Tom Reynolds, who embraced me with an exuberant welcome. It has been recreated her with a gentleman who did not wish to have his identity exposed. That, or I have shitty timing...

055.jpg

059.jpg

052.jpg

more to come...

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Jigger likes this.
  15. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

Never get tired of pictures. Looks like a fun time. Thanks for sharing.

Jigger likes this.
  16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

17. Main in the Rain, Continued... (Central City, Hill Climb Saturday, around 7:30 am, as the rain began to fall.)

These first 4 images were almost lost forever, if not for my posting them on Instagram. Thankfully screen shots exist.

This Merc was a stunner.
    052d.jpg

Olds longroof needs a ned home...
    052b.jpg

052c.jpg

That Galaxie... so nice.
    052a.jpg

I think this Dodge was one of the very few MOPARs at the show.
    053.jpg

18. brady1929

brady1929

Thanks for the pics.

Jigger likes this.
  19. 054.jpg

057.jpg

I wondered what the story was on this roadster. Monday, while at a book store in Denver, I grabbed the current issue of Car Kulture DeLuxe. Inside, low-and-behold, there was a feature on it. They may run a feature on your’s truly too. That’s cool.
    064.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

biggeorge, MikeRogers, Pufff and 6 others like this.
  20. WOW! Great picks, great cars. Thanks!

Jigger likes this.
  21. Never ever get tired of seeing photos of this event. HRP

Jigger likes this.
  22. Thank you all, I’m glad you’re liking them, I’m glad to be able to share this stuff here.

More pre-run pics...

056.jpg

Nick’s (aka Mike) beautiful Suburban. The family truckster. (Not an SUV)
    065.jpg

Denver 8 Detonators representing!
    066.jpg

A look down Main St. at about 8:45am
    067.jpg

23. After the last shot, it was back to the hotel in Blackhawk to get my wife and return for breakfast at Millie's on Main.

(this picture is from last year but we were their first customers)
    9_17_048_My_Sweety_.jpg

And, while I’m at it, one last car before heading into the pit area where I took far fewer photos than last year. This, in large part, because I took time to visit with the people and because I got a ride in the @safari-wagon T-75 roadster before way all broke for lunch. A word about Larry and Tom, they likely forwent another run up the hill in service to a gentleman who brought his jalopy all the way from England. He had broken down on course and the Singlefinger boys bailed him out. Puffing and wheezing as they pushed the car up to the crest of the hill where it could be allowed to coast down hill, back to the pits. Another attendee showed the heart of the hobby, giving the fellow a condenser for his banger to replace the cause of the break down. What a great community!

For my fellow Pontiac lovers... a retrospect of ’59 goodness...

069_Ponch_1.jpg

071_Ponch_3.jpg

070_Ponch_2.jpg

072_Ponch_4.jpg

073_Ponch_5.jpg

biggeorge, Pufff, rjones35 and 4 others like this.
  24. Inside the pits...

075.jpg

076.jpg

077.jpg

078.jpg

25. 086.jpg

085.jpg

087.jpg

088.jpg

I called this the “Stroker McGurk Roadster” and wish I’d gotten more pictures of it. Two young men, father and son, carrying on the tradition in a special little car that won them an award. I asked the boy if dad ever gives him the keys (he was about 12) and they both answered, “Yes”. He’s gotten to drive it around their property. So cool!
    089_Stoker.jpg

26. My turn in the T-75, Bell Roadster with Tommy at the wheel.

095.jpg

096.jpg

090.jpg

093.jpg

That is @safari-wagon right there...
    091.jpg

27. After my first ride, lined up for number two, I decided to offer my seat to a lady from Texas named @Marcy. She makes t-shirts and stuff...

Later, I got another ride up the hill with Larry at the wheel. I recorded part of the run but my iPhone thought it would be funny of it faked me to and not begin recording when I thought I’d hit record. Instead, I got a good shot of my legs and the floor of the car for about 20 seconds. Hey, it sounded cool...

097.jpg

Love the red American Hot Rod Foundation’s RPU, behind Larry.
    098.jpg

099.jpg

101.jpg