Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hope everyone in Japan is ok

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evel, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Holy raw fish.....I must be clairvoyant!

2. Horribly ironic, yesterday, History channel was showing the documentary on "Nostradamus" and his predictions, then a documentary on the after effects of the nuclear bomb at "Hiroshima".
    Prayers and hopes, for all the people affected by the tragic events.

3. glad to hear Shige and the mooneyes crew are ok as well as Nash but do they need any help or anything else ??

4. Just heard theres been another explosion at a nuclear reator.

5. slammed

slammed

The 1st reactor is leaking more now.

6. prayers go out to all ...

7. prayers to all affected.

8. martin

martin

Dont realy know what to say, been over there a few times, twice to the Yokahama show, last December being the last time, Just dam nice people,
    always ready to help you out, show you a good time. Be there next December for sure, Hang in there brothers.

9. tikiwagon

tikiwagon

Thanks for the info on Nash and the other guys, glad they are all ok, just hope Japan gets back to normal as quickly as it can, after such a tragic event!

10. slammed

slammed

A 3rd reactor that is weakening uses MOX for a fuel. It's 1000' of time's more deadly than the other fuel's.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  11. edsel.fi

edsel.fi

Really sad for nice & polite people from japan.
    They are living in not so safe world.

Hopefully now japan will shut all their nuclear plants, and will soon invent some
    better energy solutions. They should be clever enough. Or buy electricity from China?
    Maybe in next really big earthquage all Japanese people will get some nuclear radiation, and maybe other countries too???

12. Mysterio

Mysterio

10,000 Dead I saw at last count. That's a fricking lot of people. Is there any natural catastrophe that tops this? So sad to see this. Really sad.

13. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Just heard an estimated 1000-2000 bodies washed up on the shore in northern Japan today... I can't even imagine... What a nightmare. My sincerest condolences to those who've lost loved ones...

That Tsunami in Indonesia a few years ago killed an estimated 230,000 people.

14. slammed

slammed

Another one exploded. Those poor people. Pray hard. Really hard, 'cause the trade wind's will bring it to the US.

15. fanspete

fanspete

Awful catastrophe. Prayers for all. Sickening to watch.

Please do some research on the nuke plants, the containment is intact and as far as the US being in 'danger', even when the Chern.....(Russian) plant melted down (they had NO containment to speak of) there was almost no radiation sickness other than fairly close to the plant. Media panic at it's best.

16. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Truly awful and a huge amount of widespread destruction. And these people were as prepared for this type of thing more than anyone. Hope they can get help as needed and get things under control to start recovering soon.

17. sololobo

sololobo

I have a lot of nice Japanese friends from 25 years of doing vintage clothing business. Nice folks to deal with and are super family and high intergrity traditions. I have talked with a couple of them that are ok, but lost a lot of warehoused goods in badly affected areas, but no personal injuries. A very rough deal for these folks, hoping for the best possible for all involved. ~sololobo~

18. nori

nori

last Friyday I couldn't able to come home. here is still an earthquake.
    so tired.

19. 100% Matt

100% Matt

20. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nori, we are happy that you are safe.

21. DanCollins

DanCollins

thanks Matt, I appreciate that. Lets see if we can send a little help their way... please feel free to forward or repost the link.

22. Lucky444

Lucky444

Yes, thanks Dan! It's easy to feel helpless in a situation like this, but it means a lot to give a little.

http://www.justgiving.com/Dan-Collins

23. fonti

fonti

all the best and luck to the Japanese people!!
    we don't know what's going on over there...
    prayers!

24. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

the last huge tsunami to hit killed 200,000 plus. the death toll. while horrible, in Japan is far less because of their warning systems/constant emergency drills that they have in place. they take these types of things very seriously and they are well prepared

As far as the nuke thing going on. they are already detecting radiation on people who are trying to get out of the area and they are being quarantined and treated as such. i saw photos of them testing people on site and removing them from the area. how very sad.

25. slammed

slammed

50 worker's are working to contain the worst damaged reactor. The exposure will penetrate their gear. They are giving up literally their lives. Hero's.

26. ^^^^ WOW!!!!^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

27. big creep

big creep

yea i just seen it on the news! wow! pray for those guys!

28. nori

nori

we are fine but tired. today I'm absent on work.

Attached Files:

29. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Hoping for the best. I have family over there.

30. Spooky

Spooky

I was thing this very thing this afternoon. Anyone hear from JapChris?