Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hop Up Magazine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 24 Dodge, Nov 13, 2015.

1. 24 Dodge

24 Dodge
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got the mail yesterday and the envelope for my Hop Up was there but no magazine. I went to the post office they said the a sorting machine must have ripped it. The envelope was cut along the top some one saw it was a Hop Up magazine and got a free one. They said to contact Hop Up and they would send me another one. I have the tracking # to give them. Does anybody have there phone #. I would like to speak to them instead of emailing them . Any help would appreciated.

Thanks Mike

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

didn't you hear? people don't talk on the phone anymore unless they are in the car driving.

Truck64 and 60'coupe like this.
  3. HD Driver

HD Driver

You forgot about the supermarket check out line!

Truck64 likes this.

4. Got my Hop Up today and the sealing end of the padded envelope was pretty much cut thru; the only thing holding the book in was a little of the sealing adhesive on the flap that had gotten stuck to the shrink wrap around the magazine. There is no padding on that part of the envelope, looked like the sharp edge just wore at it. Luckily no damage to magazine.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  5. I'm still waiting...HRP

6. b-bob

b-bob

Picked up mine today. Buy it from the local Hot Rod parts store.

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No local hot rod parts store here and I was short on coin for subscribing when I saw the local to me purveyor of the magazine at the flathead run. The ones I ordered a while back came without damage though.

8. I have been looking at the local magazine stores is this available over the counter or just subscription? Jim

9. I'm still watching the mail box.. HRP

[​IMG]

10. The latest issue reached Michigan yesterday - great content as usual!

11. 60'coupe

60'coupe

This is interesting because my HOP UP came the same way. The envelope was all chewed up but luckily the magazine was still there. And what a great issue it is !
    60'

12. Got mine its great

13. My empty envelope came yesterday too - likewise all tore up. Based on the small sample here I would guess Hop Up invested in cheap off-shore envelopes. I admit that I do not have any concrete evidence either way though...just a wild ass guess on my part. I apologize in advance and willcall them tomorrow.

14. Last one came in a large padded envelope and it arrived in good shape. My feeling is the envelope
    used this time was too small which let the sharp edge rub and wear thru the unpadded closure end.

15. blackanblue

blackanblue

Sorry guys but I think there is a lot of mail guys/ girls that are into rods and thieving..

16. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

email my wife becky and she will take care of any problems. she works when she can and we just had a new born , but she somehow seems to get it all together/ her phone isn't a bis line and she stays pretty on the downlow . you can call me , my phone number is everywhere, but I don't know how much I can help as she deals with all the orders. we have heard of quite a few envelopes open, hmmmm damn USPS keeping the man down. Bunch of hooligans down there.

[email protected]

at least they are getting out there, stoked to see pics of them from around the world .

17. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Got mine Thursday all fine and dandy, but I have no idea what is inside as we hauled ass off to El Mirage for the final race weekend of the year. What a weekend! Saturday was great, but Sunday,,,, wind picked up and I was in the roadster about 120mph when a huge dust storm cover me and the race course,,, total brown out. Took out 4 cones until I was able to pull the chute and get to the return road,,, an E Ticket ride (For all the youngster, at Disneyland in the 50's to the 70's each ride was a special ticket in a book and of course the fastest and bests were 'E' tickets).
    Tonight after we get the final unload it will be time to sit and read.

RICH B and mctim64 like this.
  18. Add me to the growing list of disgruntled recipients with torn empty envelopes and no magazine. HRP

136.jpg

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  19. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Got mine a few days ago. The outer envelope was pretty battered and had some holes in the corners, but the inner shrink wrap kept the book unblemished. Thanks for your efforts to deliver them in good condition.

20. Same end my envelope was open, luckily it was stuck to the sealing strip, otherwise I'm sure it would have fallen out too.
    PB160043.jpg

21. they are probably all getting ripped at post office that first sorted them.

22. Same envelope company George Costanza used.....

23. I sent a E-mail to Hop Up and got a reply from Becky a couple of hours ago,she assured me another magazine would be shipped soon.

I can imagine there are quiet a few that have been lost,the envelope they are using is pretty thin. HRP

24. Cool. Now I know where you live.

Surprised you'd post your address....

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. The jokes on you,this is my business address but even if it was my home address it's listed in the phone book.

Why is everybody so paranoid these days.:rolleyes: HRP

26. Ya. But now I know your last name.
    And I just might start stalking you for your hot rods.

I only have one :(

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. b-bob

b-bob

Now I know where you are, but it is a long ride from Vancouver B.C. area, four miles north of the border. By the pacific ocean.

28. I got my replacement magazine yesterday. It survived the priority mail envelope but the envelope had a couple "flesh wounds" as the old cowboys used to say.

Good job Becky.

29. 24 Dodge

24 Dodge
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got mine yesterday, the envelope had some rips but the magazine was fine. Thanks Hop Up