Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HOORAY!! Dumbass Scrapper Thief gets caught!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shmoozo, Mar 29, 2011.

1. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

Sometimes the good guys catch one of the jerks who adds aggravation and misery to everybody else's lives. This is one of those times.

Last week somebody stole more than a dozen heavy iron sewer grates right off the streets in Springfield, Massachusetts. Needless to say this created a serious danger to anybody driving on those streets.

This week, however, they caught the guy.

Grate work by Springfield police yields arrest of 36-year-old city resident Billy Jack Santiago, suspect in metal theft | masslive.com

I, for one, don't doubt for a moment that this guy is also the sort of jerk who would steal parts off your project cars to sell them for scrap and I'm glad to see that they caught him.

And yeah, he's not just a thief, he's a dumbass thief, too. From the article linked above.

This is what the truck looked like:

[​IMG]

Check out that back tire and how low the truck is sitting. Talk about overloaded!

I applaud the police for catching this idiot. Let's hope he rots in jail for a long time.

2. Graham-Cracker

Graham-Cracker

Just rember YOU CANT FIX STUPID.

3. .... nice truck

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

The important goal would be to fix 'Crooked"..............

Ray

5. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

Can you say Tweeker!

6. 117harv

117harv

7. coolcorvette

coolcorvette

easy way to get a lowering kit haha

8. They'll steal anything. One guy tried to sell me used carpet a few weeks ago.

9. I lost a 401 nailhead and ST 400 in a car that was stolen by a scrapper. Stored at a dealership that I worked at. The crook admitted on the phone he took it but he contended he had permission to take it. This was a lie as the person he said told him to take it, well we were stripping it for parts to his restoration project. And he gave the rest to me.

The crook got karma. He was busted on tv for building stripping in Detroit. He let his crew get locked up, promising to bail them out, of course he didn't. I understand he was not too popular in the 'hood after that, letting his homies take the rap.

10. trad27

trad27

Fortunatly the people stupid enough to steal something like all those are usauly too stupid to get away with it.

11. We lost a bunch of scrap aluminum truck wheels and several 100 foot extension cords to scrappers recently. I was at teh steel place on Friday and it looked like an ant farm with all teh trucks pulling in with steel on em..................

12. wallygator

wallygator

Sad to say, but this is fairly common now'adays here in good ol' Merced I bet we replace five grates each month.

13. 1955 LEDSLED

1955 LEDSLED
    from LONG BEACH

What would you expect from a no good tweeker. He was probably up all night smokin the glass dick. We had the same problem her in Long Beach, Ca.

14. knotheads

knotheads

in the city of long beach i have seen many hundred of feet of over pass guard rail fall prey to scrappers.sewer covers too.

15. 65COMET

65COMET

One of my friends got a trouble call late at night about an oil line pump being off line.When he went to check it out there was the smoldering remains of the clown that tried to cut through the 460V,3 phase lines running the pump!! You can't fix stupid!!! ROY.

16. daddylama

daddylama

got the same problems up here... tweakers getting grates, manhole covers, everything. neighbor had his catalytic converter stolen twice. light pole in the front yard disappeared.
    anything they can get a few bucks for to get more meth.

i recently offered a tweaker that decided he wanted an A subrail sitting on the side of my house an alternative metal: 124g of copper jacketed lead. he politely declined and removed himself from my property in an impressively quick manner.

17. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Billy Jack....how low has that guy sunk? I fell on the floor laughing when I read that he said he bought the truck with all that crap in the bed...you cant make this shit up..

18. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

drugs will make you do some dumb shit.

19. Well being in the sanitation plus working the overnight I see plenty of idiots pulling stuff they shouldn't. On the right coast here they have a task force that goes to the scrap yards and checks for stolen property they even assign numbers to scrappers that have a lot of weight and most of he time if you don't have a number won't take your scrap.
    But hell I seen a crack head walking down the block in nyc with a pair of 6 foot. Bolt cutters on his shoulder he actully thought he wouldn't get caught. Well he's doing a stint of 3to5 for b&e now dum ass

20. moparmonkey

moparmonkey
    from NorCal

Normally I would agree that you "can't fix stupid". Although, in this case I would say that 460 volts of 3 phase probably did a bang up job of fixing stupid permanently. At least this particular instance of it anyway. :eek:

21. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

he should have bought a one ton truck instead of the 1/2 tonner.:rolleyes:

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

You would hope there would be extra time attached to the crime of stealing drainage grates. I just can't emagine the damage done to vehicles and passengers hitting the open hole at speed.

23. Yeah rite I bet one of those smart cars would fall rite
    Man and the sudden stop would really hurt too

24. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now what timing for this to come back up!!??
    I have my daily driver Falcon sitting out the front of my place, like within 10ft of the wall. Its pretty ratty but .........well, its mine.
    About 20 minutes ago I heard one of the doors open, so I wander out to see whats going on. The guy must have heard me open the door as he took off in the other direction, fast enough that I didn't see him.
    Had a look around the car and sure enough the driver side front was open! I was in the process of locking it up when this guy comes up to the other side of the car and asks me if I wanted to sell it.
    Thats fair enough................. if he hadn't come from the direction that ONLY leads around the back of my place!!
    I looked up and all I could do was smile, and told him that it wasn't for sale and its under video security.
    He turned white and this time ran off the other way, oh............yeah, did I mention I had my Machete in my hand too??
    I'm still smiling!.

Doc.

25. Mr.Gasser

Mr.Gasser

Sweet!!

26. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Should stuff him in one of the open manholes and tack weld it shut.

27. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I actually did something similar. There is a hinged manhole-like cover that accesses the water main in front of my business. This bum would lift it up, crawl down there and do drugs/pass out.

One night while we were still building the space out, I saw him go down into his little drug cave and shut the lid. I ran downstairs and stood on the cover while he tried to get out and called the cops. Stood there for 10 minutes while waiting for them to arrive and stepped off just as the cops were pulling in. As soon as I stepped off the cover, he shoved it open and popped his head up like Oscar the grouch, right in front of the cops who quickly arrested him.

28. Fe26

Fe26

And Then! Three fucwits in Christchurch, New Zealand had their photos put in the major daily newspaper by police. Just after the last big earthquake where over 180 people died and while emergency crews where working throughout the night, rescuing the living and retreiving the dead, these clowns were arrested trying to steal generators from the rescue teams, while they were being used.

Christchurch ain't that big that you could show your face without someone rearranging for you. So you'd have to leave town.... Oh wait! you can't, you're out on bail.

29. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Years ago in the small coastal Maine town I grew up in , three teen boys rowed a boad across the bay , walked under cover of darkness through a field to the rear of the town doctor's office ( an old house). They gutted the plumbing in the cellar of all the copper pipe, dragged it to their boat and rowed back across the bay to their car. Next day they drove about 35 miles to the nearest scrap yard where they turned it in. Scrap yard owner was no dummy. He asked if they would talke a check.....and the did. First place the sherrif checked was the scrap yard and bingo got them.

The thing is that the doctor delivered all three of these kids. When the judge asked the doctor what he wanted to do about it he said that he wanted all the piping replaced and then for the entire summer , every saturday the three had to work the roads of our small town picking up trash and generally cleaning up things. It was a hoot to see them out there ,rain or shine. We had a very clean town that year.

30. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Sure you can---he's permanently "cured". One less crook............