Register now to get rid of these ads!

hoodlum mock up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xderelict, Feb 8, 2007.

1. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I've had an idea for a build and decided to get out in the garage,screw the cold.I want to build a single place streamliner for the street.Something not to hard on the billfold.the South Omaha Turds have a philosify of building a car for under 7 grand.I have a fresh 250 I6,I likes my inliners.And a pile of sheet metal I've been collecting.Mostly going to need hoods.50 chevy car front hood.50 chevy truck hood.A couple of David Bradley hoods,I have one.And a 41 46 chevy truck hood,still looking for that too.Anyway here is what I have planned. Thats the mock up and If I can see it now I can see it thru.
    [​IMG]

2. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Hell yeah!! How 'bout a couple little carb scoops sticking out of the hood?

Those Harley wheels ARE bitchin'. It's really cool to see a mock up of what you've had in your head and explained to me on napkin drawings a couple times.

Keep us updated--- This thing's gonna be killer!

Malcolm

3. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

South Omaha Turds rule,I still think the loaf is a good name hahaha. lookin good Rob

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

That thing is gonnna looooooook soooooo freakin sweet!!!!

5. JamesG

JamesG

Thats cool man, it's kinda wisper's "Auto Union D-Type"....

6. marx

marx

goddamn...keep us posted on this one; like every bit of the way! this is gonna be awesome, i just know it....

7. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Keep dreaming and keep building.....thats half the fun.......stan

8. The Hard Way

The Hard Way

I kept a pair of '48-'54 Chevy truck rear fenders "just in case", your idea is sort of what I had in mind, but much, much cooler. Keep us posted.

9. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

very cool

thats why I like the Hamb so much.

10. KIRK

KIRK

That's a way cool idea. Keep us posted on the build up.

11. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

really cool man

12. tjm73

tjm73

Damn!!!! That's a cool idea. Definitly....please......keep us posted.

13. moon doggie

moon doggie

thats a great idea, now its time to step back and stare at it for a day or so planning is everything, by the way how many times did you make motor sounds while you were mocking it up........

14. ScapeGoat

ScapeGoat
    from Canada

Years ago I seen an old picture of a bucket racer made of two 42-48 fenders. This blows that right out of the water. Looks perfect and sure to leave people guessing (and copying it -ha ha)

15. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I've got a couple of parts cars to bring in,its so cold I don't want to do anything outside.I've got two fleetlines that are way stripped or smashed allready,Just some few pieces I want before the scrap pile.I have to start squaring stuff up and adding steel to hold it for inner body structure.There are a lot of cut off wedge pieces on the floor from getting the lines right.I'm close.Man I think this is fun.Thanks everyone for the nice words.Ill post when I have more.I'm seriously in need of another David Bradley hood like the one up on the shelf in the background.

16. OLLIN

OLLIN

im really digging the lines on this baby! Maybe you could use the fleetline fenders after all.
    [​IMG]

17. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the photoshop,I've considered the front fenders layed sideways and am planning on a little flair on the rear pannels also.Something about the David Bradley hoods that makes me want to use them.

18. bones35

bones35

The idea of that hood split in half and bent is sweet. i love it

19. Clark

Clark

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it!
    Clark

20. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

That thing rocks.

I've been planning to build something similar out of the roof of a 50's Cadillac more-door (hood sides, body & tail all one piece).

21. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Looks creative and fun. I hope this progresses fast. I want to see it come to life.

22. Skimmer

Skimmer

This is a great thread especially with the build up / fabrication pics keep em coming...

23. Skimmer

Skimmer

This is a great thread with the build up / fabrication pics, keep em coming..

24. slammed

slammed

Talk about vision! Dang-nation dude, you got some skill's. Hey, Hot Rod magazine here's yer next feature!

25. tjm73

tjm73

Any movement on this project? :cool:

26. Rand Man

Rand Man

I really like the creativty there.

27. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

That's a good idea. It needs a pair of vintage E&J's and some Divco wheels...

28. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I've got a little done.Had the flu and the boss is out of town,but what really slowed me down,my fourth grandchild was born last week.Talia Rose is as pretty as she can be.I feel blessed to have 4 grandchildren. I sarted welding the body together and have some of the support structure started.Still need to get up to Beresford and bring some parts home.
    I've been arguing with myself over the front suspension.If I build for looks I have a model A axel.If i build to my heart I have the stock suspension from the 50 chevy.So here I sit with the open wheel IFS aint traditional argument or a fford axel on my chevy.I don't buy the IFS aint traditional on an open wheel car BS.The Rodders Journal is my bible for what is or isn't traditional.In issue 32 page 46 there is a photo of Ak Miller in his 32 ford Roadster,no front fenders,And Early chevy IFS.I don't think you can get more traditional than Ak Miller.I'd like to open this point of build for discussion.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  29. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

wow. :)

That is far outside the box. Amazing what you can do with "spare parts."